Author Topic: Call on the name of the Lord  (Read 1300 times)

biblebuf

Call on the name of the Lord
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:50:47 pm »
 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear. (Psa. 10:17 ) I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I on the name of the Lord. (Psa. 116:1-4 )
Call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. (Psa. 50:15 )
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. (Psa. 42:11 ) For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. (Psa. 86:5 )
Jacob said unto his household, … Let us arise and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went. (Gen. 35:2, 3 ) Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. (Psa. 103:2 )

macuser

Re: Call on the name of the Lord
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:56:34 pm »
Two points, first God tends not to answer requests that are never made. And the second point is that sometimes the requests that are made are made in ignorance of God's plan and even sometimes with selfish motives.

So call on the name of the Lord yes, most definitely, that is what we are commanded to do. Just keep in mind that we may not always get the results that we anticipate.

JB Horn

Re: Call on the name of the Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:37:54 am »
Two points, first God tends not to answer requests that are never made. And the second point is that sometimes the requests that are made are made in ignorance of God's plan and even sometimes with selfish motives.

Your points are right on. We are no longer a nation of prayer and those that do pray tend to pray for stuff. We see in this last election that this has become a 'give me mine' society. The prayers i hear from the church seem to be the same, give us this or that.