Author Topic: Discipleship  (Read 2362 times)

admin

• Administrator
Discipleship
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:32:13 am »
2 Tim 2:2 The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

Mark 1:17 And Jesus said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men."

Comments from http://www.youversion.com

Quote from: broscott
It is by no means easy for a young man to become a shepherd, and he ought not be discouraged if he cannot become one in a day. or a year.  An orator he can be without difficulty.  A reformer he can become at once.  In criticism of politics and society he can do a flourishing business the first Sunday.  But a shepherd he can become only slowly, and by patiently traveling the way of the cross.
The shepherd's work is a humble work; such as it has been from the beginning and such it must be to the end.  A man must come down to it.  A shepherd cannot shine.  He cannot cut a figure.  His work must be done in obscurity.  the things which he does do not make interesting copy.  His work calls for continuous self-effacement.  It is a form of service which eats up a man's life.  It makes a man old before his time.  every good shepherd lay down his life for the sheep.  -Charles Jefferson, "The Minister As Shepherd"
1 Peter 5:2-4

Quote from: Victoysports
I pray God will have me seek more to spiritually lead, disciple and change lives. To do so, I need to be led, discipled and changed myself. It is a daily battle getting into the word and giving margin. I am committing to God my time, my love and my attention so he can lead me to change lives.

Fat

Re: Discipleship
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 11:43:35 am »
The shepherd's work is a humble work; such as it has been from the beginning and such it must be to the end.  A man must come down to it.  A shepherd cannot shine.  He cannot cut a figure.  His work must be done in obscurity.  the things which he does do not make interesting copy.  His work calls for continuous self-effacement.  It is a form of service which eats up a man's life.  It makes a man old before his time.  every good shepherd lay down his life for the sheep.  -Charles Jefferson, "The Minister As Shepherd"
1 Peter 5:2-4

Unfortunately this is not the goals set by the  majority of today's preachers , They want a big fancy church with a lot of money coming in and a lot of notoriety.