Author Topic: NEW WORLD TRANSLATION INCONSISTENCIES  (Read 1518 times)

Fat

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION INCONSISTENCIES
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »

I would like to discuss a couple discrepancies in the Bible, a particular Bible. To most of you these verses would not be a discrepancy because you are the believers of the Trinity. Most of you believe that the Godhead as one being made of three entities the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. But the people that have translated this particular Bible believe that the Godhead is three separate and unequal entities. And they believe that only one of these entities is worthy of worship, that being the Father.
The Bible in question is the Jehovah's witness Bible, the NWT.

The first verses to consider Isaiah 43:10.

Isaiah 43:10 NWT
10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none."

Note that God says that there was no god formed before Him, And after Him there continued to be none.
This seems very easy to understand before God there was no god and after God was formed at the time of the writing of Isaiah 43 there continued to be no other god.

Now here comes the discrepancy in John 1.

John 1 NWT
1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

How in John 1 we see someone called the Word which most of us understand this refers to Jesus Christ the Messiah. Now note that this verse claims that the Word was a god. First thought would be that this god, the Word, was formed after the writing of Isaiah 43. But this cannot be because at the beginning of John 1 we see that the Word has been in existence from the beginning. Some say that it is referring to the beginning of eternity and others say it is referring to the beginning of time (beginning of the world). Either way no matter how it is explained this god, the Word was in existence prior to the writing of Isaiah 43.

So clearly this translation has an unexplainable inconsistency with the beliefs of the people who translated this version.

Now the believers in the Trinity and the deity of Christ read these verses and find no inconsistencies with their beliefs of one God in three forms.