Author Topic: Common grace  (Read 1063 times)

Frank T

Common grace
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:06 pm »
I want to discuss grace, there are two kinds of grace that God has at, least that I can think of, one is the saving grace and the other is what we refer to as common grace. And right now I want to discuss common grace. Common grace is something that is universal but it's not saving, it is a blessing that all mankind at once can receive.
For instance, God causes the sun to come up and to the set on both the good and the evil person.
He also causes a rain to rain on both the evil and the good person, it is a grace that is given to everyone and not just the chosen elect.
Also gives all mankind intelligence this isn't restricted to just his elect or the righteous, it is for all mankind including evil.
Also God has given us all a conscience refer to Romans 2:14-15. God is installed a conscience in everyone's heart and this is something that is not restricted just to believers but is also given to unbelievers. (Your atheists will never admit this but this is where your society gets his morals.)
It is also given the ability for both the unrighteous and the righteous or the believers are the unbelievers, to increase in numbers, procreation.

If I am right in this do I have a conflict with John 3:16, where God says He so loved the world, and the Calvinist principle of limited atonement? So what I'm doing here I guess is defending the four-point Calvinist, that would believe in TUIP  :-\   Is atonement available as common grace but it is not accepted by those not chosen to be in the elect because they have not received the effectual calling, or the irresistible sufficient grace.

Fat

Re: Common grace
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:09:19 am »
Your question is one of the reasons are so many four point Calvinist out there. But if you look at John 3:16 you see that the verse you're quoting in fact puts a limitation on the atonement that is being offered. The atonement is only given to those who believe.

There was a thread a few days ago about the unforgivable sin. Which may also help answer your question in a different way, let's say that all sin is forgive except that one unforgivable sin. And that unforgivable sin is fact is the refusal to acknowledge and accept the work of the Holy Ghost?

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:46:14 am »
I believe that Christ blood is sufficient (powerful enough) to cover all sins but it is not meant to! Would He die for Satan?

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:44:17 pm »
I believe that Christ blood is sufficient (powerful enough) to cover all sins but it is not meant to! Would He die for Satan?

amen