Author Topic: Women in the Pulpit?  (Read 1522 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Women in the Pulpit?
« on: January 22, 2013, 06:10:08 pm »
1 timothy 2

7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying ) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

Women Instructed
9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. 11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

So what say you? ZLaw

Fat

Re: Women in the Pulpit?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:32 am »
What do I say?

I'll have to ask my wife and get back to you.  :-\

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:36:17 pm »
I think Paul at least is very clear on this issue. This doesn't mean that women are to be put at the sidelines in this battle. And it doesn't mean that when there is no one else to step up to stand in the gap that it is not proper for a woman to do so.

The problem I see with some of the denominations is that they deliberately go out to find a woman to pastor their church. In many cases they have both men and women asking for positions at the head of their churches and the women are chosen over the men.
Now I know that the argument is that we are to choose the best qualified, but that is not what the scripture says when concerning women. I know it's not politically correct but sometimes God's purpose is hidden from us and is not for us to question his instructions.

Bob

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »
What do I say?

I'll have to ask my wife and get back to you.  :-\

You're smarter than you look :)

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:24:08 am »
This does not say women are not to preach but what is does say is women arte to be quiet and submissive to men. Women are best suited to teach other women and children and this is ok. A women preaching at a womens only event is great but her preaching in a church with men is wrong.