Author Topic: Quotes on Abortion  (Read 1565 times)

Hal

Quotes on Abortion
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:49:49 am »
ABORTION

Abortion stops a beating heart.
—Theme of West Virginians for Life State Convention

For us murder is once for all forbidden; so even the child in the womb. . . is not lawful for us to destroy. To forbid birth is only quicker murder. . . . The fruit is always present in the seed.
Tertullian (c. 160–After 220)

How would you like to be that baby inside the womb of a woman who isn’t sure she wants you to live any longer?
Charles R. Swindoll (1934– )

I believe this society will one day look back at the horror of abortion, and critics will ask, “Where was the church?”
Joel Reiter

I have a right to free speech, but not to shout “fire” in a theater. A person’s right to anything stops when it injures or kills another living human. Should any civilized nation give to one citizen the absolute right to kill another to solve that first person’s personal problem?
John Wilke

I will not give a woman an instrument to procure abortion.
Hippocrates (c. 460–c. 377 b.c.)

It’s haunting me. I can’t get it out of my mind. . . . I helped murder somebody and I can’t sleep.
—Linda Johnson, after being forced to witness an abortion and package the aborted baby for use as evidence

We are fighting abortion by adoption. We have sent word to the clinics, to the hospitals, to the police stations. “Please do not destroy the child. We will take the child.”
Mother Teresa of Calcutta

We cannot treat the human embryo as cheap and worthless without passing judgment on all human life, including our own.
Monica Furlong

What would God have done if Mary and Joseph had decided to have an abortion?

JB Horn

Re: Quotes on Abortion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:03 am »
Quote from God.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Thus says the Lord: “For three transgressions of the Ammonites, and for four, I will not revoke the punishment, because they have ripped open pregnant women in Gilead, that they might enlarge their border.

You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods.