Author Topic: Arkansas Adopts Strictest Abortion Law in the U.S.  (Read 14847 times)

Moss

Arkansas Adopts Strictest Abortion Law in the U.S.
« on: March 06, 2013, 01:33:27 pm »

In the sharpest challenge yet to Roe v. Wade, Arkansas adopted Wednesday what is by far the country’s most restrictive ban on abortion, at 12 weeks of pregnancy, around the time that a fetal heartbeat can be detected by abdominal ultrasound.

“When is enough enough?” asked the bill’s sponsor in the legislature, Senator Jason Rapert, a 40-year-old Republican and conservative Christian, who compared the more than 50 million abortions in the United States since Roe v. Wade, in 1973, to the Holocaust and the Rwandan genocide. “It’s time to take a stand.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/07/us/arkansas-adopts-restrictive-abortion-law.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Fat

Re: Arkansas Adopts Strictest Abortion Law in the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:27 pm »
I wish Arkansas luck but I'm afraid the Supremes will not let it stand. This country is toast.

Moss

Re: Arkansas Adopts Strictest Abortion Law in the U.S.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:54:08 am »
I wish Arkansas luck but I'm afraid the Supremes will not let it stand. This country is toast.
you may be but, the courts can never overturn Roe vs Wade until they get a case  in front of them. Time will tell.