Author Topic: What are the benefits of our inheritance?  (Read 905 times)

Hal

What are the benefits of our inheritance?
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:23:11 pm »
Just to keep our minds going I would ask a question, since it looks like the board is kind of slow today.
The fourth verse of 1 Peter 1 talks about an inheritance for those who, according to the abundant mercy of Jesus Christ, are born to a “living hope.” What are the benefits of this inheritance?

1 Peter 1:4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you,

Fat

Re: What are the benefits of our inheritance?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 10:29:53 am »
Three of the benefits are in the verse. They are also the most important, the first is it is an everlasting, in other words eternal. Second it is never changing you will not see its value Diminish. Third and most important it is in heaven, that means we will be there with it, for eternity.

There is one other and in is not in this verse, it is a free gift of love.

Hal

Re: What are the benefits of our inheritance?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:21:50 pm »
Three of the benefits are in the verse. They are also the most important, the first is it is an everlasting, in other words eternal. Second it is never changing you will not see its value Diminish. Third and most important it is in heaven, that means we will be there with it, for eternity.

There is one other and in is not in this verse, it is a free gift of love.

That makes sense, if the inheritance was only a penny and I got to spend eternity with it and it is in heaven, it's the best penny I never earned.

Thanks for the response.