Author Topic: We are God's own possession.  (Read 938 times)

biblebuf

We are God's own possession.
« on: April 22, 2013, 12:38:18 pm »
Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.". (Isa. 43:7 )
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.(Psa. 40:2 ) "I have been crucified with Christ ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.(Gal. 2:20 ) He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things ? (Rom. 8:32 ) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.(Rom. 5:8 )
who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge. (2 Cor. 1:22 ) who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory. (Eph. 1:14 )
But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved ), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, (Eph. 2:4-6 )

clark thompson

Re: We are God's own possession.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:23:22 am »
It is such ablessing to know we are God's own when we come to the faith in Christ but, few to many say they are in faith but don't act like it.

Fat

Re: We are God's own possession.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:36:50 pm »
It is such ablessing to know we are God's own when we come to the faith in Christ but, few to many say they are in faith but don't act like it.

At some point a Christian must turn his life over to Christ or he is not really a Christian. I was on another board while back and there was a gentleman there claiming that he was a Christian because he was baptized when he was an infant. It's a shame this person may die never knowing that he is not one of Christ children.