Author Topic: The Major Cults teach 'Hellfire'.  (Read 8662 times)

theMadJW

The Major Cults teach 'Hellfire'.
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »
Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Islam, Hinduism, etc.

Hell means only "Grave, pit" in the ancient Hebrew and Greek.

biblebuf

Re: The Major Cults teach 'Hellfire'.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:13:09 pm »
We report you decide.

Greek
geenna

Hell is the place of the future punishment call "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.

Hebrew
lwaX

sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit
   a.   the underworld
   b.   Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead
   1.   place of no return
   2.   without praise of God
   3.   wicked sent there for punishment
   4.   righteous not abandoned to it
   5.   of the place of exile (fig)
   6.   of extreme degradation in sin

Deuteronomy 32:22 KJV
For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire has been ignited in my anger

And it will burn down to She′ol, the lowest place,

And it will consume the earth and its produce 
And will set ablaze the foundations of mountains.

theMadJW

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »
You use faulty references.

Gehenna was NOT the Greek word for Hell.
And sheol ONLY meant "grave and pit"- except for later RELIGIOUS meanings that developed. TheGreek word Hades was used as its equivalent, altho in Greek religionj, too, it had extra false meanings.

thus you how shown either ignorance or deception.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:11:36 pm »

And sheol ONLY meant "grave and pit"- except for later RELIGIOUS meanings that developed. TheGreek word Hades was used as its equivalent, altho in Greek religionj, too, it had extra false meanings.

It is your bible I quoted not mine.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:21:48 pm »

Matthew 5:22 NAS
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court ; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court ; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Matthew 5:22 NWT However, I say to YOU that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge‧hen′na.

GEE WHAT DO YOU KNOW BB WAS RIGHT!!!!

theMadJW

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »
Matthew 5:22 NAS
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court ; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court ; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Matthew 5:22 NWT However, I say to YOU that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge‧hen′na.

GEE WHAT DO YOU KNOW BB WAS RIGHT!!!!

Gehenna was not referred to there, and his anger was OFTEN referred to as Fire, since fire was used to destroy.

theMadJW

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »

Gehenna was not referred to there, and his anger was OFTEN referred to as Fire, since fire was used to destroy.

The NAS is a VERY poor translation- and is wrong there, as in many places.

theMadJW

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »

biblebuf

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 05:25:15 pm »

Me thinks Phat is quoting your NWT and you're saying it is wrong in it's translation? Or is it you the Watchtower has made up a second Hell?

Matt 5:27“YOU​ heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’28But I say to ​YOU​ that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.29If, now, that right eye of yours is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you. For it is more beneficial to you for one of your members to be lost to you than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge‧hen′na.30Also, if your right hand is making you stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you. For it is more beneficial to you for one of your members to be lost than for your whole body to land in Ge‧hen′na. (NWT)

Matthew 10:28 NAS
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul ; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matt 5:28 NWT
And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Ge‧hen′na

This is a good one.
Matthew 23:15 NAS
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte ; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Matthew 23:15 NWT
“Woe to ​YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ​YOU​ traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one ​YOU​ make him a subject for Ge‧hen′na twice as much so as yourselves.

What's with the pictures? Do they hold some sort of persuasive power that over rides the bible to you?

theMadJW

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »
BB, you just don't GET it: "Hell" is a DELIBERATE mistranslation of Gehenna.
Gehenna was the valley just outside the walls of Jerusalem where they used sulphur to keep fires going to destroy garbage.

Thus , if you think "DESTRUCTION" when you read Gehenna- you will UNDERSTAND what Jesus was illustrating.

JB Horn

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 10:54:53 pm »
BB, you just don't GET it: "Hell" is a DELIBERATE mistranslation of Gehenna.
Gehenna was the valley just outside the walls of Jerusalem where they used sulphur to keep fires going to destroy garbage.

Thus , if you think "DESTRUCTION" when you read Gehenna- you will UNDERSTAND what Jesus was illustrating.

Whatever JW's want to call it even your scriptures says it's going to be hot for a long long time.

Jude 7 NWT
7So too Sod′om and Go‧mor′rah and the cities about them, after they in the same manner as the foregoing ones had committed fornication excessively and gone out after flesh for unnatural use, are placed before [us] as a [warning] example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire

theMadJW

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 09:10:27 am »
Whatever JW's want to call it even your scriptures says it's going to be hot for a long long time.

Jude 7 NWT
7So too Sod′om and Go‧mor′rah and the cities about them, after they in the same manner as the foregoing ones had committed fornication excessively and gone out after flesh for unnatural use, are placed before [us] as a [warning] example by undergoing the judicial punishment of everlasting fire

No, JB- it's what GOD 'calls' it. He even SPELLED IT OUT for us (Rarely done in Revelation).
He said the "Lake of Fire" means "the SECOND death". A condition- NOT a place.
Hell (no 'hellfire') is hurled into it. ( A HUGE lake of fire isn't hurled into an even BIGGER one!)
DEATH (not an object) is hurled into it. (Death can't burn- its a CONDITION)

The FIRST death- we have a release from, due to Christ's Ransom...NOT the SECOND death- which is eternal. The Everlasting Punishment

What I'D like to see at a funeral- church dogma inserted! heh

theMadJW

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:43 am »
It is your bible I quoted not mine.

God's ANGER is the "Fire"- not Sheol. Pay ATTENTION to the scripture; stop pounding church dogma into it!

theMadJW

Since the Bible so CLEARLY states things- WHY so many Churches?
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 11:13:40 am »

There are MANY reasons- so I will state the FIRST,m and FOREMOST:

1- Satan wants to HIDE the Truth

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Since the Bible so CLEARLY states things- WHY so many Churches?
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 11:24:47 am »

There are MANY reasons- so I will state the FIRST,m and FOREMOST:

1- Satan wants to HIDE the Truth

Well after reading your ranting and raving and misinterpretation of God's word, it is apparently not clear at least to the human mind. That is why we turn for our interpretation to the Holy Ghost, not some committee who heads our congregation (assembly of believers).

Why is it that you look to someone else to tell you what the Bible says? Are all Jehovah's Witnesses sheeps being led to the slaughter because of one letter that was added to their text and claim to be from God?