Author Topic: The Major Cults teach 'Hellfire'.  (Read 8666 times)

Fat

Re: Since the Bible so CLEARLY states things- WHY so many Churches?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

There are MANY reasons- so I will state the FIRST,m and FOREMOST:

1- Satan wants to HIDE the Truth

Well could it be that some bibles are not really clear as to the true nature of God?

Let's look at the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES given to us by the Watchtower organization.

The NWT teaches it's followers that the Godhead is made up three separate entities.
Quote from: NWT
Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

And it teaches it's followers that the son prayed to the father also known as Jehovah.

John 17:1 Jesus spoke these things, and, raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come; glorify your son, that your son may glorify you….11“Also, I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name which you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are.

But then that translation teaches it's followers that Jehovah is not the father of a son, but the father is the Holy Ghost.

Matt 1:18 But the birth of Jesus Christ was in this way. During the time his mother Mary was promised in marriage to Joseph, she was found to be pregnant by holy spirit before they were united.

So this translation teaches it's followers that the three members of the Godhead are totally separate, and that the son mistakenly believed he was the offspring of Jehovah, when in truth they were not related.

I agree that Satan wants to HIDE the Truth.  And it is obvious to find that truth we must look at more accurate translation.

Fat

Re: The Major Cults teach 'Hellfire'.
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 12:55:50 pm »

Gehenna was not referred to there, and his anger was OFTEN referred to as Fire, since fire was used to destroy.

That's your Bible I am quoting, are you telling me that your Bible is based on a lie?

theMadJW

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 01:23:25 pm »
Well after reading your ranting and raving and misinterpretation of God's word, it is apparently not clear at least to the human mind. That is why we turn for our interpretation to the Holy Ghost, not some committee who heads our congregation (assembly of believers).

Why is it that you look to someone else to tell you what the Bible says? Are all Jehovah's Witnesses sheeps being led to the slaughter because of one letter that was added to their text and claim to be from God?

You mean the Catholic-Fabricated nameless Ghost-God?
For Thinkers- it's EASY to determine whether a verse is translated correctly; too bad that leaves YOU out...

theMadJW

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 01:25:44 pm »
That's your Bible I am quoting, are you telling me that your Bible is based on a lie?

Fat, the NWT is the most accurate of all Bile Translations.
You understand neither it, nor others as your babbling shows.

Why not ask Questions, rather than ASSume?

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 01:51:14 pm »
You mean the Catholic-Fabricated nameless Ghost-God?
For Thinkers- it's EASY to determine whether a verse is translated correctly; too bad that leaves YOU out...

FYI I am of the Calvinist nature in my theology.

The "nameless Ghost-God" is named in your "NEW WORLD TRANSLATION" see Phat's post above.
Have you ever read as far as Acts in the bible?

Quote from: NEW WORLD TRANSLATION
1Now while the day of the [festival of] Pentecost was in progress they were all together at the same place,2and suddenly there occurred from heaven a noise just like that of a rushing stiff breeze, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting.3And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed about, and one sat upon each one of them,4and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance.

You should relly take the time to read your own bible and quit being lead around by your nose.
Quote from: MWT
John 14:26 But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach ​YOU​ all things and bring back to ​YOUR​ minds all the things I told ​YOU.

theMadJW

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »
You just don't GET it.
I have done intensive research about the Bible for over 30 years Arrogant One., and have CAREFULLY r3ead it thru MANY times, using MANY translations, comparing Hebrew and Greek.

Consider:

What Name does this Spook-God have?
Why does God call IT an 'it'?
How does God divide it into 71 portions, pour it out, and FILL people with it.
Why did God ALWAYS manifest IT as a glowing light- never in human form?
Why is IT NEVER seen in the visions of God and Christ?
Do you even know what Ruach and Pneuma MEAN?

These are Rhetorical to us.
Let's see if they are to YOU!

BTW- Jesus said his Father is the ONLY true God; he did NOT forget to leave himself out, nor your Catholic Ghost-god!

Fat

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 01:58:44 pm »
Fat, the NWT is the most accurate of all Bile Translations.
You understand neither it, nor others as your babbling shows.

Why not ask Questions, rather than ASSume?
OK here is your question: http://biblediscussion.org/index.php/topic,219.msg1673.html#msg1673

theMadJW

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »
What? Do we have one or two saviors?
you tell ME:

Rev 7:10 And they were shouting with a great roar,

Salvation comes from our God who sits on the throne
    and from the Lamb!”

Fat

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses believe Christ is Michael the archangel?
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 02:45:54 pm »
you tell ME:

and from the Lamb!”

"...the archangel Michael is Jesus Christ...So the evidence indicates that the Son of God was known as Michael before he came to earth and is known also by that name since his return to heaven where he resides as the glorified spirit Son of God."—Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, p. 218

Is Michael, an angel, your Savior?

Fat

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 02:58:21 pm »

BTW- Jesus said his Father is the ONLY true God; he did NOT forget to leave himself out, nor your Catholic Ghost-god!

Be careful friend.
Quote from: NWT Your Book
Matt 12:31“On this account I say to ​YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.32For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.

You keep referring to Catholics, as far as I know there are no Catholics on this FORUM. Catholics, like JW's and LDS don't really like to talk about the Scriptures.

Fat

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »
you tell ME:

and from the Lamb!”

That does not even begin to answer the contradiction in a New World translation.

theMadJW

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »
As I thought- you DON'T know any better.
The RCC formulated most of all of your dogma.

theMadJW

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 03:45:47 pm »
Fat- do you even know what an Angel is?????
And why did you COMPLETELY ignore that scripture, too?

Fat

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 03:59:46 pm »
As I thought- you DON'T know any better.
The RCC formulated most of all of your dogma.

Good try Mad dude, but you have no clue as to who or what I am.
The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked..

Fat

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses believe Christ is Michael the archangel?
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2013, 04:02:53 pm »
Fat- do you even know what an Angel is?????
And why did you COMPLETELY ignore that scripture, too?

I have to assume from your comment that you do in fact believe that Christ is Michael the Archangel. So why don't you show us the Scripture that leads to your belief that Jesus Christ the Messiah was and is Michael the Archangel.