Author Topic: elohiym  (Read 948 times)

Hal

elohiym
« on: June 16, 2018, 12:36:22 am »
In Genesis 1 the Hebrew word used for God is elohiym (Strong's Number: 430) it is plural but sometimes is used in the singular.
Looking at verses 1 and 26 it appears to be uses as the plural in this chapter.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

This fits well with
John 1:1-3 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was in the beginning with God.
3. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

where Theos to describe two beings in one. Genesis 1  and John 1 fit like a glove but you never hear it spoken of.

Fat

Re: elohiym
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 02:15:51 pm »
The Bible has no conflict in it ( excluding the NWT ) . For example the Father and the Holy Spirit as one, who is the Father :“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.”
Matthew‬ 1:18‬ NKJV‬‬

macuser

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 01:01:20 am »
There was a thread called something like, 'how many saviors to the JW's have'.

If there is no Trinity God head then these verses are in conflict.

Isaiah 43:3 NAS
3 "For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 43:11 NAS
11 "I, even I, am the LORD , And there is no savior besides Me.

Isaiah 45:21 NAS
21 "Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD ? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me.

Hosea 13:4 NAS
4 Yet I have been the LORD your God Since the land of Egypt; And you were not to know any god except Me, For there is no savior besides Me.

Luke 1:47 NAS
47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.

Luke 2:11 NAS
11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord .

Acts 13:23 NAS
23 "From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus,

Philippians 3:20 NAS
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

1 Timothy 1:1 NAS
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,

1 Timothy 2:3 NAS
3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

1 Timothy 4:10 NAS
10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

2 Timothy 1:10 NAS
10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

Titus 1:3 NAS
3 but at the proper time manifested, even His word, in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior,

Titus 1:4 NAS
4 To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:17:21 am »
There was a thread called something like, 'how many saviors to the JW's have'.

If there is no Trinity God head then these verses are in conflict.

Isaiah 43:3 NAS
3 "For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 43:11 NAS
11 "I, even I, am the LORD , And there is no savior besides Me.

Isaiah 45:21 NAS
21 "Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD ? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior; There is none except Me.

Hosea 13:4 NAS
4 Yet I have been the LORD your God Since the land of Egypt; And you were not to know any god except Me, For there is no savior besides Me.

Luke 1:47 NAS
47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.

Luke 2:11 NAS
11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord .

Acts 13:23 NAS
23 "From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus,

Philippians 3:20 NAS
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

1 Timothy 1:1 NAS
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope,

1 Timothy 2:3 NAS
3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

1 Timothy 4:10 NAS
10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

2 Timothy 1:10 NAS
10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

Titus 1:3 NAS
3 but at the proper time manifested, even His word, in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior,

Titus 1:4 NAS
4 To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

Hello Mac

Strangely the JW’s Bible (NWT) translates your verses in line with the NAS. Why can’t they see it? THEY ARE A CULT.