Author Topic: John 17:3- Who is the God of Jesus Christ?  (Read 9787 times)

theMadJW

Re: The New World Translation- the Most Accurate of ALL Translations.
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 09:38:11 am »
Well, 'biblebuf'?

Fat

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:30 am »
Why would I want to compare the NWT to any other translation when on it's face it contradicts itself when these contradictions are not found in the NAS?

I asked a simple question of you, I'll repost it here to save you the trouble of looking it up.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have a savior or do they have two saviors?
 As most people know the Jehovah's witnesses have rewritten the Bible for the sole purpose of separating Christ and God the Father. They still do not explain how they can have two saviors when in Isaiah 43:10-11 their own translation says, "YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

In many verses in their translation of the Bible such as acts 13:23 they refer to the Savior of Israel as Jesus. It is repeated again and acts 5:31 God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And in 2 Timothy 1:10 they refer to the Savior as Jesus Christ. There are many more verses in the Bible such as first John 4:14, Titus 2:6-14, acts 4:9-12 Titus 1:1-16, 2 Timothy 1:10. Sometimes when the Savior is being referred to as Christ is in lower case and sometimes it is capitalized apparently for no rhyme or reason. It appears they've concentrated so hard on trying to divide the Father and the Son that they forgot that only one, according to the Father can be the savior of Israel.

1 John 4: (NWT)
14 In addition, we ourselves have beheld and are bearing witness that the Father has sent forth his Son as Savior of the world.

Titus 2: (NWT)
6 Likewise keep on exhorting the younger men to be sound in mind, 7 in all things showing yourself an example of fine works; showing uncorruptness in your teaching, seriousness, 8 wholesome speech which cannot be condemned; so that the man on the opposing side may get ashamed, having nothing vile to say about us. 9 Let slaves be in subjection to their owners in all things, and please them well, not talking back, 10 not committing theft, but exhibiting good fidelity to the full, so that they may adorn the teaching of our Savior, God, in all things.

Acts 4 (NWT)
9 if we are this day being examined, on the basis of a good deed to an ailing man, as to by whom this man has been made well, 10 let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU. 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” 

theMadJW

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 10:43:58 am »
Fat- diversion will work ONLY when I wish to play: I don't.
Either make one accusation @ the NWT at a time, so that we can examine it together, or I will just ignore you.

Fat

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 10:45:24 am »
Again the NWT tells us that the Father of Christ is Jehovah but it also tells us that the spirit is the is the Father.

But the birth of Jesus Christ was in this way. During the time his mother Mary was promised in marriage to Joseph, she was found to be pregnant by holy spirit before they were united.(NWT)

And of course it tells us that they are not one, RIGHT.

Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit (NWT)

Fat

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 10:50:39 am »
Fat- diversion will work ONLY when I wish to play: I don't.
Either make one accusation @ the NWT at a time, so that we can examine it together, or I will just ignore you.
So you are refusing to answer because you are talking with BB who is at work?
OK we can draw the answer form that. Thank you and goodbye.

theMadJW

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 10:59:21 am »
Fat, diversions from the Topic DESTROY the Topic. I have SEVERAL other topics where we can discuss this- if you wish.
I assure you the answers are far simpler than you can imagine!

biblebuf

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 11:19:39 am »
Thank you for your NEXT example- but won't you stick with the FIRST until settled?
Or do you ACKNOWLEDGE having Jesus speaking e-bonics is deceptive?
You agreed that Jehovah used more than one name. You want now to walk that back, NO.

Jehovah used that SYMBOLIC NAME ONLY once, to emphasis that he EXISTED (Heb hayah haw-ya, meaning "to exist, be, or become)- and would PROVE it, since the Jews were starting to doubt it. That term was NEVER USED anywhere else in the OT, and certainly is not in the NT where "ego eimi" is. Besides it is HEBREW, not GREEK.

Looks like we're done here. Have a good day.

theMadJW

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:08 am »
You agreed that Jehovah used more than one name. You want now to walk that back, NO.

Looks like we're done here. Have a good day.

Notice how they RUN from facts, to stick with church dogma?
Anyone ELSE with an 'example' of NWT error?

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

I am reading the thread and see that you have refused to aswer NWT errors and now you ask me for another 'example'???

theMadJW

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 11:38:43 am »
Have Comprehension problems, Zanty?

ONE at a time.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 11:44:10 am »
Have Comprehension problems, Zanty?

ONE at a time.

Okay then your done or not? Have you answerred their examples or not. Can I ask you a question not addressed so far with out have your sarcastic childish remarks as a respounce?

theMadJW

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 11:56:25 am »
ZANT...READ CAREFULLY:

ONE...QUESTION...AT...A...TIME.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 11:58:08 am »
ZANT...READ CAREFULLY:

ONE...QUESTION...AT...A...TIME.

You question was answerred, but I understand your problem, see you.

theMadJW

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 12:01:20 pm »
More games. Yawn ::)

theMadJW

Just what really I the 'soul'?
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 02:18:28 pm »
First- nothing ANYWHERE in the Bible says or implies it's "immortal". That would mean Satan told Eve the TRUTH; that we never really die (stop living), since our good ol' 'immortal soul' would float off still alive. That would also make God the Liar- since he told them they would die...not Fry or Fly....

Second, the VERY FIRST REFERENCE to the human soul, if not warped by translation makes it VERY clear that no such 'soul' was put into Adam-

Gen 2:7- And Jehovah formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. - KJV with God's Name put back in.