Author Topic: James 3:13-18  (Read 1069 times)

clark thompson

James 3:13-18
« on: May 05, 2013, 04:51:58 am »

James 3:13-18

New King James Version (NKJV)

Heavenly Versus Demonic Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

13 Works our done thru the power of God and thru the willingness of allowing God's Spirit to work you and thru you.
14 If we are not doing what is just and something stands between us and God we can not serve Him as we should be able to serve Him. Sin is all that stands between us and God and forgiveness restores us to Him.
15 One can find false wisdom in religions and science but this is not true wisdom which only comes thru God.
16 Envy and pride are not tools the Lord uses. The tools the Lord uses are Love and humbleness.
17 The wisdom is recieved by recieving the Holy Spirit and then there is a change in life, from bad to good and from unholy to holy thru the blood of Christ. When we come to Christ, Christ starts to grow in us and we become more like Him and less like the world around us.
18 We are to make peace but we need to by the truth of the gospel, doing this does not mean we accept other faiths as truth but we do not seek to destroy people of other faith but allow the truth to change these people.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: James 3:13-18
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 12:41:56 pm »
Excellent commentary Clark.

Most verses in the Bible at more than one meaning I would like to point out a second subject touched on here. I think it is important that we do our works for God with meekness and humility, remembering the Pharisees prayer when he stood next to the tax collector.

At what point do works become selfish, that the person doing the works gains? Is there a point where we do works to bring glory upon ourselves? Should we not try to do our works anonymously?

Thank you Clark

Fat

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 06:26:34 pm »
Excellent commentary Clark.

Most verses in the Bible at more than one meaning I would like to point out a second subject touched on here. I think it is important that we do our works for God with meekness and humility, remembering the Pharisees prayer when he stood next to the tax collector.

At what point do works become selfish, that the person doing the works gains? Is there a point where we do works to bring glory upon ourselves? Should we not try to do our works anonymously?

Thank you Clark

Matthew 7
On that day many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?'  Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers! '

John15
 "I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:49:40 pm »
Matthew 7
On that day many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?'  Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers! '

John15
 "I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me.

romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,