Author Topic: A righteous God and a Savior  (Read 853 times)

biblebuf

A righteous God and a Savior
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:45:42 pm »
Lovingkindness and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed each other. (Psa. 85:10 )
"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old ? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD ? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior ; There is none except Me (Isa. 45:21 )
The LORD was pleased for His righteousness' sake To make the law great and glorious. (Isa. 42:21 )
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them. (2 Cor. 5:19 ) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forebearance of God; to declare I say at this time his righteousness: that he might be just and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom. 3:25, 26 ) He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes, we are healed. (Isa. 53:5 ) Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. (Rom. 8:33 ) But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,(Rom. 4:5 )

Theodore A. Jones

Re: A righteous God and a Savior
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:10:34 am »
Lovingkindness and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed each other. (Psa. 85:10 )
"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old ? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD ? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior ; There is none except Me (Isa. 45:21 )
The LORD was pleased for His righteousness' sake To make the law great and glorious. (Isa. 42:21 )
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them. (2 Cor. 5:19 ) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forebearance of God; to declare I say at this time his righteousness: that he might be just and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Rom. 3:25, 26 ) He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes, we are healed. (Isa. 53:5 ) Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. (Rom. 8:33 ) But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,(Rom. 4:5 )

"For it is not those who (just) hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13

biblebuf

Re: A righteous God and a Savior
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:11:13 am »
"For it is not those who (just) hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13

I believe this is the fourth post of this verse you made today, I would suggest you study it in context. There is no one that has been justified by the law.

Romans 3 NAS
 9 What then ? Are we better than they? Not at all ; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin ; 10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE ;