Author Topic: Love of money  (Read 887 times)

biblebuf

Love of money
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:29:03 pm »
"Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed ; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions." (Luke 12:15 )
Better is the little of the righteous Than the abundance of many wicked. (Psa. 37:16 ) Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith. (Prov. 15:16 ) Godliness with contentment is great gain. Having food and raiment let us be therewith content. (1 Tim. 6:6, 8 )
Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. (Prov. 30:8, 9 ) Give us this day our daily bread. (Matt. 6:11 )
Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? (Matt. 6:25 ) When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. (Luke 22:35 ) Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have ; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,"(Heb. 13:5 )

Moss

Re: Love of money
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »
IDOLATRY!