Author Topic: Happy Good Friday  (Read 3483 times)

Fat

Happy Good Friday
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:16:08 pm »
Well happy Good Friday, have you ever wondered how many religions actually celebrate the death of their Lord? I can't offhand think of any, but then again how many religions actually promise life after death without having it to be earned by some kind of works?
And then again how many religions does the god suffer for his people and not the people suffer for their god?

Proa42

Re: Happy Good Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »
Now that the Pagan holiday is over, I would just like to iterate:

If your savior was buried on Friday and raised by Sunday morning, you aren't saved, cause he ain't the Christ of the Bible.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »
Now that the Pagan holiday is over, I would just like to iterate:

If your savior was buried on Friday and raised by Sunday morning, you aren't saved, cause he ain't the Christ of the Bible.

Mark 16:9 KJV
Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Proa42

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:10:58 am »
First day of the week = Sunday

I agree, the Christ rose from the dead by Sunday/First-day.

So, I must be challenging something else about the story. And, what might that be?

Fat

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:11:50 pm »
  Give me a break.

And he took it down and wrapped it in a linen cloth, and laid Him in a tomb cut into the rock, where no one had ever lain. It was the preparation day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

The Sabbath Day began at sundown Friday (about 6 p.m.) and ended at sundown Saturday.
And yes I know the Wednesday (or 9 PM which would have made it Thur) argument. That would have given them a full night and a full day to prepare His body. Why did Mary show up Sunday, 3 1/2 days later?

Now some say He died on a Wednesday afternoon, the 14th of Nissan. That would make it almost 4 days.

But if the Jews counted any part of a day as a full day it falls inline. It could have been as little as 36 hours.

But I'm OK with any of it, no other man has claimed to be God's Son and Beat death in 84 or 36 hours. Can you point to one?

Proa42

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 05:57:52 pm »
The first day of the feast of unleavened bread was considered a Sabbath, as were many of the Jewish feasts. A careful study will show that days declared by God to be a Holy Convocation where they are directed to do No Servile Work, were, or could be, considered a Sabbath.

Examples:
Lev. 16:30-31: For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that ye may be clean from all your sins before the LORD. It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.

Leviticus 23:39: Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

Now, it is true that the bible does not say specifically that Passover or the Feast of Unleavened bread are "Sabbaths", but the conditions for celebration are identical.

I am sure the ancient Hebrews, in their own way, would ascribe to the concept that, "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck." Or, "If it looks like a sabbath, and sounds like a sabbath, it must be a sabbath."

Otherwise, you are left with a big job of explaining, in a rational way, how Friday is the burial day.

If you believe that Friday is the day, how does He fulfill the sign of the prophet Jonas, or His declaration that if they should destroy "this temple, in three days I will raise it up again."This he spoke about his body.

Either He laid three days in the grave as He said, or He didn't. He fulfilled His own prophecy or He didn't.

Avoid the Trick Day Counting explanation. If you don't, you will need to explain why there are 730 day in a year.

Fat

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:36 am »
Proa42 I see so 70 weeks = 11,760 hours?

Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city- to bring the rebellion to an end, to put a stop to sin, to wipe away injustice, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy place. Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince will be seven weeks and 62 weeks. It will be rebuilt with a plaza and a moat, but in difficult times. After those 62 weeks the Messiah will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the coming prince will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come with a flood, and until the end there will be war; desolations are decreed. He will make a firm covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and offering. And the abomination of desolation will be on a wing of the temple until the decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator."

Proa42

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 03:12:43 pm »
WHAAA? :-\

Fat

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 11:46:49 am »
WHAAA? :-\

Can't I say that because your Christ didn't make the 11,760 hours cut off you aren't saved?

We do count weeks as 7 days and the days as 24 hours according to you Right?

Proa42

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 05:55:01 pm »
In this case, with respect to a day, yes. As The Christs example is tied to the Prophet Jonah, and his tour DE fish. About 72 hours for 3 days modern time, but sunset to sunset, times three, for His time. 

No mention of weeks, which you introduced, for what ever reason.

However, there are 7 days in the week with approximately 24 hours in the modern day, but the biblical day is sunset to sunset.
The seventh day is set aside as the "Sabbath of God."

If we attach the interpretation of Daniel to Gospel instances we will be in big trouble.

When The Christ was found in the temple, the Gospels say He was 12. He would have been only one week, 5 days sold.
Or, He was only about 4 weeks and 4 days old when he was crucified (week = 7 years).

Unless we go the other way and say the writers were using Daniel-time (D-time). Then 33 years old at his crucifixion really meant he was over 1700 years old (52 weeks/year * 33 years).

It really gets messy. If you mix apples and oranges here, you won't get fruit salad.

Christ fit the time-line of Daniel (years).

The Good Friday TRADITION (of men) fits nothing from the Bible.