Author Topic: Who was the first to believe in Christ resurrection?  (Read 1772 times)

JB Horn

Who was the first to believe in Christ resurrection?
« on: April 24, 2011, 03:14:53 pm »
During this time of the Easter season I was reminded of something that has always bothered me.  At the time Christ was crucified, and was hanging on a cross, who actually believed in him, in other words, who actually believe that he would rise again.  Many times in the Scriptures Christ advised his apostles that he would be crucified and risen on the third day.  Yet even after getting this information directly from their Messiah.  They fled from him during his crucifixion, and even denied knowing him.  But there was one person who did not deny the deity of Christ.  Can you remember who that was?

Hint: And he said unto Jesus, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."

So the question I would ask, how did this man come about having so much more faith than the 12 disciples?  It seems that at this time, the whole world turned its back on Christ?

JB

Fat

Re: Who was the first to believe in Christ resurrection?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 04:39:53 pm »
This is a good example of the effective calling of the Holy Spirit.

IMHO
Fat

Proa42

Re: Who was the first to believe in Christ resurrection?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:13:18 pm »
The answer to who first believed is akin to the answer to who really believes.  God knows.