Author Topic: Abortion issue  (Read 1663 times)

Frank T

Abortion issue
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:23:47 pm »
This is a cut and paste from another board I use. The poster's screen name is: Muziktop

There have been many arguments regarding the issue of abortion but the best book that can help us settle it is the Bible, the word of God. We shall see what the Lord says as regards conception, zygote, embryo and foetus in the Bible. You should note that the terms embryo, zygote and fetus are scientific, thus they will not be found in the Bible, but they will be obviously implied in the Bible references we shall use.

A new human being ( life) begins at conception, when a zygote is formed by the fussion of a sperm cell and a egg cell. Hosea 9 : 11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception. Here, God is referring to Ephraim as a complete human being that has glory from conception. Hence, zygote formation marks the beginning of human development. If someone aborts him , he or she murders a complete being, a life is terminated. If he is given birth to, he continues his development.

David : Psalms 139:13 For thou thou hast possessed my reins : thou hast hast covered me in my mother's womb. Psalms 71:6
By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. God acknowledges the beginning of a new human being (life) from the womb.

Job: Job 10:18&19, (18)
Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! (19)I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave. Verse 18, zygote, embryo and foetus have ghost ( life, spirit or soul) ; and when they die, they go to grave.

It is therefore, incontestable in the Bible that abortion is the termination of a human life; it is murder; it is a great sin to God, the creator of the aborted soul.

Anyone who aborts a pregnancy and those who do abortion as a profession are committing great sins to God. If they continue unrepentant, they will meet God at the judgment day.

However, there is still room for repentance, God can still accept you,forgive you and save you (John 6:37).

Fat

Re: Abortion issue
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:35:47 am »
Nobody will dispute that abortion is murder on this board. Even our courts Have held that  if you kill a pregnant woman it is two counts of murder.

What we have  is that murder by a  mother of her child has become acceptable and legal.

Is just another sign of the depravity of man and the approaching of end times.

macuser

Re: Abortion issue
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:02 pm »
You're right Fat, we are nearing end times.

Quote from: Isaiah 57
1 The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart ; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from evil, 2 He enters into peace ; They rest in their beds, Each one who walked in his upright way. 3 "But come here, you sons of a sorceress, Offspring of an adulterer and a prostitute. 4 "Against whom do you jest ? Against whom do you open wide your mouth And stick out your tongue ? Are you not children of rebellion, Offspring of deceit, 5 Who inflame yourselves among the oaks, Under every luxuriant tree, Who slaughter the children in the ravines, Under the clefts of the crags ? 6 "Among the smooth stones of the ravine Is your portion, they are your lot ; Even to them you have poured out a drink offering, You have made a grain offering. Shall I relent concerning these things ? 7 "Upon a high and lofty mountain You have made your bed. You also went up there to offer sacrifice. 8 "Behind the door and the doorpost You have set up your sign ; Indeed, far removed from Me, you have uncovered yourself, And have gone up and made your bed wide. And you have made an agreement for yourself with them, You have loved their bed, You have looked on their manhood.

Lev 18:21 "You are not to make any of your children pass through [the fire] to Molech. Do not profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.
2 kings 23:10 He defiled Topheth, which is in the Valley of Hinnom, so that no one could make his son or his daughter pass through the fire to Molech.