Author Topic: James 4:13-17  (Read 1099 times)

clark thompson

James 4:13-17
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:48:38 am »

James 4:13-17

New King James Version (NKJV)

Do Not Boast About Tomorrow

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[a] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

13  We should not focus on making money or gain but we should focus on serving Christ. This is not to say having money is sin but, putting your money before God is sin.

14 One thing we should know is we are not able to live forever and one day we will die. This not to say making plans is sin but, being full of pride is.

15 To say if the Lord wills is to give Him credit for our life and the good we can do by Him. Saying this is a way of being set apart from the world as well because unbelievers will not say this.

16 We are not to boast in our own efforts but we are to boast in the Lord and what He does for us. All the good we do is by Him and He gets all the credit.

17 Not doing what is right is sin just as much as doing what is wrong is sin. People often focus on they can't do but don't often think about what they should do. Doing what is right is about taking chances to do good as the Lord gives them to us.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Fat

Re: James 4:13-17
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 12:58:27 pm »

Quote from: NAS
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit." 14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. 15 Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that." 16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance ; all such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

He fell facedown and prayed, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will."

'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

Your will should be turned over completely to Christ and His Father. To fight the will of the Holy Ghost in your life is disobedient and sinful. Before making your life plans go to your knees in prayer for guidance.

clark thompson

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:43:57 pm »
He fell facedown and prayed, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will."

'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

Your will should be turned over completely to Christ and His Father. To fight the will of the Holy Ghost in your life is disobedient and sinful. Before making your life plans go to your knees in prayer for guidance.

I agree.

JB Horn

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:28:29 pm »
To fight the will of the Holy Ghost in your life is disobedient and sinful.

Interesting thought that deserves more consideration, would this be the same as blasphemy to Holy Ghost?

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 01:07:59 pm »
Interesting thought that deserves more consideration, would this be the same as blasphemy to Holy Ghost?

i would not call it blasphemy because, blasphemy is not accept the Spirit but this is choosing not to follow the Lord, which true belivers will repent from.