Bible Talk > Sound doctrine

Who teaches sound doctrine?

(1/7) > >>

admin:
This is a bible based board and with that in mind can we debate the deferent conflicting doctrines we see within the Christian community?

1 Timothy 4:6 NAS

[A Good Minister's Discipline] In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following.

1 Timothy 6:3 NAS

If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness,

2 Timothy 4:3 NAS

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine ; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

Titus 1:9 NAS

holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.

Titus 2:1 NAS
[Duties of the Older and Younger] But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine.

Jack Koons:
I personally believe we live in a day where most churches preach and teach a 'watered down gospel' of 'easy beliefism', and most Bible colleges are so busy promoting 'rationalism' through 'textual criticism' that even pastors don't really believe the Bible anymore. Therefore, false doctrine is on nearly every street corner.

Jack

admin:

--- Quote from: Jack Koons on June 18, 2013, 10:13:17 am ---I personally believe we live in a day where most churches preach and teach a 'watered down gospel' of 'easy beliefism', and most Bible colleges are so busy promoting 'rationalism' through 'textual criticism' that even pastors don't really believe the Bible anymore. Therefore, false doctrine is on nearly every street corner.

Jack

--- End quote ---

I agree.
Political correctness is a cancer in the Church.

calluna:

--- Quote from: admin on June 18, 2013, 10:19:41 am ---I agree.

--- End quote ---

Or is it a fashion of the world's church?

Jack Koons:
Calluna,

"Quote from: admin on Yesterday at 12:19:41 PM
I agree.

Or is it a fashion of the world's church?"

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm 'old school', there was a day when people actually went to church to hear the truth, even if it hurt to hear it. Today, what I hear are messages about how good people are, and how great they can be.

What happened to preaching on sin and getting right? It went out the window. Why? Because it is all about 1) money; and 2) numbers (of people). Please the crowd, and you won't get fired, it's just that simple!

Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version