Author Topic: James 5:1-6  (Read 1146 times)

clark thompson

James 5:1-6
« on: June 16, 2013, 01:25:55 pm »

James 5:1-6

New King James Version (NKJV)

Rich Oppressors Will Be Judged

5 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! 2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days. 4 Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. 5 You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned, you have murdered the just; he does not resist you.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

1 All those without the blood covering their sins will be judged by the Lord. It is better to rich thru Christ than to be rich in the worldly treasures.

2 All that would be held dear here on earth will pass away with time. Family dies, Job end, money is spent, Houses fall down, But the Lord is forever.

3 The Christians should not be concerned with laying up treasures here on earth as much as the treasures they have in heaven. To have money is alright, to serve money is not, remeber even baby Jesus was given gold as a gift.

4 To serve money is not serve God. Today many people who have money mistreat those who don't. These rich men will be judged for that if they don't repent to Jesus and accept His blood for their sins.

5 To many people just go on day to day without taking out time to think about the Lord, we often take Him for granted. To many believers don't want to have their life end due to what they have here, Christ is better than what we could have here.

6 It always seem those with the most money can do whatever they want. They will face a just Judge in Christ, He can not be bought with their money. Those who killed the believers or the just were of wealthly families and because of this they had power to persuade Rome to start killing the believers of Jesus.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: James 5:1-6
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 05:02:52 pm »
From one of BB's earlier post. The love of money is Idolatry!

"Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed ; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions." (Luke 12:15 )
Better is the little of the righteous Than the abundance of many wicked. (Psa. 37:16 ) Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith. (Prov. 15:16 ) Godliness with contentment is great gain. Having food and raiment let us be therewith content. (1 Tim. 6:6, 8 )
Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain. (Prov. 30:8, 9 ) Give us this day our daily bread. (Matt. 6:11 )
Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? (Matt. 6:25 ) When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. (Luke 22:35 ) Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have ; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,"(Heb. 13:5 )

Fat

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:01 am »
It appears that James is more concerned with the way the money was acquired. When you looked in the history of the Bible you see that there are many wealthy men that received God's blessing. I think that James is speaking here of the heart of the man and the way that he acquired as wealth.

Remember the parable of a rich man who was forgiven a very large debt and turned around and imprisoned a man who owed him a small  amount.

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »
It appears that James is more concerned with the way the money was acquired. When you looked in the history of the Bible you see that there are many wealthy men that received God's blessing. I think that James is speaking here of the heart of the man and the way that he acquired as wealth.

Remember the parable of a rich man who was forgiven a very large debt and turned around and imprisoned a man who owed him a small  amount.

very good point

biblebuf

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 03:36:57 pm »
Matthew 6
 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.