Author Topic: All sins nailed to the cross  (Read 1412 times)

biblebuf

All sins nailed to the cross
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:02:58 pm »
Look upon my affliction and my trouble, And forgive all my sins. Psa. 25:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow ; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool. Isa. 1:18
And they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son ; your sins are forgiven". Matt. 9:2
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace Eph. 1:7
 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, Titus 3:5, 6
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Col. 2:13, 14
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits ; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases ; Psa. 103:2, 3

clark thompson

Re: All sins nailed to the cross
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:40:15 pm »
Amen!

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:59:42 am »
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow ; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool. Isa. 1:18
And they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son ; your sins are forgiven". Matt. 9:2
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace Eph. 1:7
 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, Titus 3:5, 6
When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Col. 2:13, 14
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits ; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases ; Psa. 103:2, 3

"When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin....." Jn. 16:8 Think maybe you need to find out which sin He is referencing.

biblebuf

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:28 am »
"When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin....." Jn. 16:8 Think maybe you need to find out which sin He is referencing.

James 2:10 NAS
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all

It is funny Ted that I posted only bible verses and you find an argument with them.

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 12:29:07 pm »
James 2:10 NAS
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all

It is funny Ted that I posted only bible verses and you find an argument with them.

Your assumption that I have any argument with the scriptures is a false assumption. What I quoted is what you have a problem with.

biblebuf

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 12:47:58 pm »
Your assumption that I have any argument with the scriptures is a false assumption. What I quoted is what you have a problem with.

If it is not my post that you have a problem with, exactly what is my problem TJ?

BB

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 07:18:43 am »

There are many people who believe the false conjecture that "All sins nailed to the cross" means that crucifying Jesus has resolved all the issues of guilt relative to sin. However isn't it the fact that he says that the issue of guilt relative to sin remains as the outstanding primary fact after his crucifixion? "When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin", Jn. 16:8. Further what is the sin that was repented of to obey the Acts 2:38 command? For the the "All sins nailed to the cross" conjecture to be true there cannot be by facts in evidence of any remaining issue of guilt relative to sin after jesus was crucified, but there is.     

biblebuf

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 07:52:38 am »
There are many people who believe the false conjecture that "All sins nailed to the cross" means that crucifying Jesus has resolved all the issues of guilt relative to sin. However isn't it the fact that he says that the issue of guilt relative to sin remains as the outstanding primary fact after his crucifixion? "When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin", Jn. 16:8. Further what is the sin that was repented of to obey the Acts 2:38 command? For the the "All sins nailed to the cross" conjecture to be true there cannot be by facts in evidence of any remaining issue of guilt relative to sin after jesus was crucified, but there is.   

Are you of this world TJ?

BB

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 10:35:11 am »
Are you of this world TJ?

BB

If I were I would probably state the same worldly thoughts as you.

Note from Admin Dude: Getting a little juvenile STOP IT!