Author Topic: James 5:7-12  (Read 890 times)

clark thompson

James 5:7-12
« on: June 30, 2013, 05:27:22 am »

King James Version (KJV)

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

New King James Version (NKJV)

Be Patient and Persevering

7 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. 8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

9 Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! 10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. 11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

12 But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath. But let your “Yes” be “Yes,” and your “No,” “No,” lest you fall into judgment.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

7 We should live a life in Christ until Christ returns we should not live just waitng for Him coming as the farmer prepares the coming of the crops. Waiting on Jesus' return is worth the harvest. The farmer here is Jesus. Jesus allows us to grow and when He is ready He will get us.

8 The Lord could come back anytime, we should act as such not stand waiting on Him but by doing what He says so He will be pleased when He does return. I hope if the Lord returns during my life I am doing His will. We are not prdict the Lord's return but just expect His return.

9 We should try to get along because the blood holds us together. Strife is a tool on the church used by satan.

10 We may suffer for our believes as the prophets and the early church did suffer but, we are to stand strong on Jesus. He will give us what we need to get thru all our sufferings.

11 We are blessed when we suffer. We are blessed now thru faith and later in His presence. The Lord uses suffering to draw us closer to Him.

12 Matt 5:33-37 Jesus spoke of not swearing because we are not to swear just do as we say because things may happen that is out of our control.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: James 5:7-12
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:49:59 pm »
Hello Br. Clark

This passage reminds me of the time the Jews fled from Egypt. They complained about everything and continually talked against Moses and their Lord. Even when God gave them what they want, such as manna to eat, they complained about that free gift.

It was because of their impatience coupled with their unbelief that a whole generation was lost in the desert.

Life would be much easier for us if we only learn to trust God and be patient for his plan to work in our life.

I don't know if you're an American Clark, but if you are have a happy Fourth of July, and if you're not have a happy fourth of July anyway.

ZLaw

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 06:27:06 pm »
On verse 12 I think we are looking at a deferent kind of swearing. Look at the wording in Matthew 5.

Matthew 5:34 "But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING. 36 "Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no '; anything beyond these is of evil.

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 03:39:23 pm »
Hello Br. Clark

This passage reminds me of the time the Jews fled from Egypt. They complained about everything and continually talked against Moses and their Lord. Even when God gave them what they want, such as manna to eat, they complained about that free gift.

It was because of their impatience coupled with their unbelief that a whole generation was lost in the desert.

Life would be much easier for us if we only learn to trust God and be patient for his plan to work in our life.

I don't know if you're an American Clark, but if you are have a happy Fourth of July, and if you're not have a happy fourth of July anyway.

ZLaw

I agree
The fourth is also personally special for me because last year I got to preach for the first time.

Hal

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:32:41 am »

The fourth is also personally special for me because last year I got to preach for the first time.

Fantastic! Happy anniversary!  ;D