Author Topic: The doctrine of the Trinity  (Read 27000 times)

Alexander Winslow

Re: The doctrine of the Trinity
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 06:45:47 pm »
Hello Biblebuf,

Not trying to be awkward here, but you do seem to be having a problem with the English language. God is spirit and has four main attributes; Justice, Power, Love and Wisdom.

It is in this form that the Word was created, Almighty God is a being with no beginning and no end; while the Word is a creation and the beginning of such and therefore inferior to Almighty God.

If as you infer, they are one and the same; then you have a big problem because after his raining up from the dead, Jesus was given a status ‘higher’ than he had previously held in heaven.

So if he was already Almighty God as you suggest, what is he now?

The Trinity incidentally is one of Satan’s devious ploys to deceive the naïve and untaught.

The NMTCS is not a Bible Translation but a scriptural corrective reference by Squires Publishing which is still in progress.

Alexander

Fat

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »
Hello Biblebuf,

Not trying to be awkward here, but you do seem to be having a problem with the English language. God is spirit and has four main attributes; Justice, Power, Love and Wisdom.

It is in this form that the Word was created, Almighty God is a being with no beginning and no end; while the Word is a creation and the beginning of such and therefore inferior to Almighty God.

If as you infer, they are one and the same; then you have a big problem because after his raining up from the dead, Jesus was given a status ‘higher’ than he had previously held in heaven.

The Trinity incidentally is one of Satan’s devious ploys to deceive the naïve and untaught.

The NMTCS is not a Bible Translation but a scriptural corrective reference by Squires Publishing which is still in progress.

Alexander

And Squires Publishing is Alexander Winslow.

biblebuf

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 09:05:03 am »
Hello Biblebuf,

Alexander

So you're using you as a reference of authority, the ultimate in efficiency I must say.

Isaiah 43:10-11
Titus 2:10
acts 13:23
acts 5:31
Acts 4:12
2 Timothy 1:10
1 John 4
Titus 2:10

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 05:06:03 pm »
Trinity Exposed:

Just as the Word was created in the image of God; so was Adam. So if we go by the rendering of the Trinity, it just became four! Also all mankind is created in God's image, so calculators out; because a lot of humans have passed by over the last six thousand years.

The comment being 'one' also throws the suggestion into chaos when if again we accept this version; Jesus in speaking to his apostles said: "I am in the Father and you are in me and I am in you." (John 14:20) Good grief! This Trinity is stretching all ways now!

On the basis of this scripture, the Trinity has now expanded to include; the twelve Apostles and the rest of the 120 at Pentecost plus the three thousand who were added later. This in itself confirms that the Trinity is actually totally ridiculous and based on its own foundation; it disproves itself!

Correct translation: “In that day you will know that I am in harmony with my Father and you are in harmony with me and I am in harmony with you.” (John 14:20) NMTCS

Alexander

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »
Trinity Exposed:

Just as the Word was created in the image of God; so was Adam. So if we go by the rendering of the Trinity, it just became four! Also all mankind is created in God's image, so calculators out; because a lot of humans have passed by over the last six thousand years.

The comment being 'one' also throws the suggestion into chaos when if again we accept this version; Jesus in speaking to his apostles said: "I am in the Father and you are in me and I am in you." (John 14:20) Good grief! This Trinity is stretching all ways now!

On the basis of this scripture, the Trinity has now expanded to include; the twelve Apostles and the rest of the 120 at Pentecost plus the three thousand who were added later. This in itself confirms that the Trinity is actually totally ridiculous and based on its own foundation; it disproves itself!

Correct translation: “In that day you will know that I am in harmony with my Father and you are in harmony with me and I am in harmony with you.” (John 14:20) NMTCS

Alexander

I'm sorry Alexander but you're going to have to use quotes from Bibles that actually exist, this is a Bible study board.
Thank you

Admin dude

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »
Please check my post, all my quotes are from the Bible which confirm the non-existence of the Trinity. When addressed by one of his followers as "Good master" Jesus replied: “And Jesus said unto him, "Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God.” (Mark 10:18) KJ21 By this statement Jesus confirms that he is neither Almighty God nor a God-man.

The additional comments in line with those scriptures are from self reasoning, gleaned from the Oxford Theocratic Bible Course which I took between 1960 - 1963.

Squires Publishing which publishes my books, does not come into it; this is run by S.J. Squires.

Alexander

JB Horn

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 06:12:26 pm »
Please check my post, all my quotes are from the Bible which confirm the non-existence of the Trinity. When addressed by one of his followers as "Good master" Jesus replied: And Jesus said unto him, "Why callest thou Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God.” (Mark 10:18) KJ21 By this statement Jesus confirms that he is neither Almighty God nor a Goodman.

LOL - Tell me Alex, are you claiming that Christ was not good? Or that He said that He was not good?

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
 Strong's Number:   18    
Original Word   Word Origin
agaqoß   a primary word
Transliterated Word   TDNT Entry
Agathos   1:10,3
Phonetic Spelling   Parts of Speech
ag-ath-os'        Adjective
 Definition
of good constitution or nature
useful, salutary
good, pleasant, agreeable, joyful, happy
excellent, distinguished
upright, honourable

Now if He is good, according to you He must be the Almighty God. And if He is not good I ask you how could His crucifixion pay for your inheritance?

Quote from: Alex
The additional comments in line with those scriptures are from self reasoning, gleaned from the Oxford Theocratic Bible Course which I took between 1960 - 1963.

Get your money back!

Fat

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 06:48:03 pm »
Quote from: John Gill
Why callest thou me good?
This is said, not as denying that he was good, or as being angry with him for calling him so, but in order to lead this young man to a true knowledge of him, and his goodness, and even of his proper deity:

there is none good, but one, [that is], God;
some render it, "but one God", as the Vulgate Latin, Syriac, and Arabic versions; and so the words are a proof of the unity of the divine being, and agree with ( Deuteronomy 6:4 ) , but are not to be understood to the exclusion of the Son and Spirit, who, with the Father, are the one God: nor do these words at all militate against the deity of Christ, or prove that he is not God, as the Jew objects F1; seeing this is not to be understood of the person of the Father, in opposition to the Son and Spirit, who are equally good: nor does Christ, in these words, deny himself to be God, but rather tacitly suggests it; since he is good in the same sense in which God is good: in Matthew it is added, "but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments", ( Matthew 19:17 ) : this Christ said not as his sense, that the way to eternal life lies in keeping the commandments of the law; but he speaks in the language of the Pharisees, and of this man; and his view is, to bring him to a sense of the impossibility of obtaining eternal life by these things, as the sequel shows: wherefore the above Jew F2 has no reason to confront the followers of Jesus with this passage, as if it was a concession of his, that it is impossible any should be saved without keeping the commands of the law of Moses.

Quote from:  The MacArthur Study Bible, NASB
Jesus challenged the ruler to think through the implications of ascribing to Him the title “good.” Since only God is intrinsically good, was he prepared to acknowledge Jesus’ deity? By this query Jesus did not deny His deity; on the contrary, He affirmed it.

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2014, 05:28:55 pm »
JB Horn,

Thank you for your comment. I am not claiming anything, but Jesus is.

The word good in our language has only one context, but in Biblical terms it varies according to the way it is used. In this case the word 'good' applied to Jesus, referred a position of excellence above all else; to which Jesus refuted because that would have put him on an equal basis with Almighty God when he had already stated: "My Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

Incidentally, Jesus' ransom sacrifice has nothing to do with one's inheritance except for those of the anointed 'little flock' to whom Jesus said: "Have no fear little flock, because the kingdom of the heavens belongs to you." (Luke 12:32)

Jesus' corresponding 'ransom' cancelled Adamic death for 'all' mankind and opened the 'way' to the opportunity for everlasting life as perfect humans on earth by way of the resurrection during the thousand year reign of the Christ. In other words, a 'second chance' for all!

Alexander

JB Horn

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2014, 07:40:29 pm »
"My Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

It is understood by anybody that is studied the Scriptures that Christ lowered himself to be a servant to man during the time he was on this earth. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand. You Cherry pick your verses out of context trying to change the meaning of the holy Scriptures.

Let me post some more Scriptures from the same book of John showing that the Jews understood what Christ claimed.

John 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. 19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. 20 "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel. 21 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. 22 "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

John 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

John 20:28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Incidentally, Jesus' ransom sacrifice has nothing to do with one's inheritance except for those of the anointed 'little flock' to whom Jesus said: "Have no fear little flock, because the kingdom of the heavens belongs to you." (Luke 12:32)

You would do well to read this whole chapter it will explain to you that Christ is addressing His disciples.

JB

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »
JB Horn,

Well what can I say?

With all due respect, you are reading the scriptures out of context and without understanding.

For a start, I do not 'cherry-pick' verses as you claim, all scripture which I quote is in complete harmony with the whole of the Bible. Also, one must take into consideration that when a scripture in Jesus' words states: "My Father is greater than I." (John 14:28) Then this is so!

If this was incorrect in any way shape or form, then it would have to be out of harmony with the whole of the Bible, which would make it in contradiction with itself and therefore of no value!

While on earth, Jesus became a perfect man and therefore 'lower' than the angels; (Hebrews 2:9) which means even lower compared to Almighty God of which he had already stated.

If you read John 5:18 correctly, you will notice that it was the Jews who were claiming that he was making himself equal to God because of what he was telling them. However, in contrast to this statement in verse 18 he turned and re-buffed this statement by declaring that even then, there was nothing he could do of himself without the help of God!

So no 'equality' and no incarnation!

This is the Bible speaking and not me!

Judgement has indeed been given to the Son but at the appointed time during the Sabbath Millennium (Revelation 20:6) by permission of his Father Almighty God.

Your quote of John 10:29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all."
confirms that Almighty God is indeed greater than all including the Son. If he was not, then he would cease to be 'Almighty' which actually means without equal!

Even in John 10:30, if we accept the Trinitarian version, we end up in trouble straight away; "I and my Father are one." Even John 10:30 is a favourite of the Trinitarians for boosting their claim of 'equality', but if we accept this claim; we must also take into consideration that Jesus also included his 'little flock' in this so immediately the number suddenly grows from 120 to 144,003!

JOHN 14:20 proves the ridiculousness of the so-called Trinity:
“In that day you will know that I am in the Father, you are in me and I am in you.” The Trinity just expanded to an unlimited number!

So the corrective sense of this verse is: "“In that day you will know that I am in harmony with the Father, you are in harmony with me and I am in harmony with you.” NMTCS

Another point to consider, we have a scripture which confirms that Jesus was not God incarnate; because he was raised up and exalted ‘higher’ than during his pre-human existence.

“For this very reason also, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him a name that is above every other name.” (Philippians 2:9)

So if he had originally been Almighty God and has now been raised to an even more superior position; then we have a big problem!

Alexander

So you see, all the way along the Bible is in harmony with itself, only the churches with their man-made doctrines of the Trinity, immortality of the soul and hell are in conflict with each other.

JB Horn

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 12:22:57 am »
If this was incorrect in any way shape or form, then it would have to be out of harmony with the whole of the Bible, which would make it in contradiction with itself and therefore of no value!

Just so I understand, you’re not denying that in Luke 12:32 Christ is addressing His disciples as the ‘little flock,' corrected?

You claim that Christ is a god but not the God Almighty.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. (NWT)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (2316), and the Word was God(2316). 2 The same was in the beginning with God(2316). (Real Bible)

Isaiah 45:21 NAS
"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old ? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD ? And there is no other God (0430) besides Me, A righteous God (0430) and a Savior ; There is none except Me.

Deuteronomy 4:35 "To you it was shown that you might know that the LORD, He is God; there is no other besides Him.

Titus 3:6 (NWT)
 He poured this spirit out richly on us through Jesus Christ our Savior,
(NAS) 6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

By mistranslating John 1 you have thrown your understanding of the scriptures out of balance, you have to violate the first commandment given to Moses, 2 I am the LORD thy God, (0430) which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods (0430) before me.
(NWT) “I am Jehovah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You must not have any other gods besides me. (Note the small g)

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon

Strong's Number:   2316

Original Word
Word Origin
qeovß
of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with (3588)) the supreme Divinity
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
Theos
3:65,322
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
theh'-os   
Noun Masculine
 Definition
   1.   a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities
   2.   the Godhead, trinity
   a.   God the Father, the first person in the trinity
   b.   Christ, the second person of the trinity
   c.   Holy Spirit, the third person in the trinity
   3.   spoken of the only and true God
   a.   refers to the things of God
   b.   his counsels, interests, things due to him
   4.   whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way
   a.   God's representative or viceregent
   1.   of magistrates and judges

Strong's Number:   0430

Original Word
Word Origin
~yhla
plural of (0433)
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
'elohiym
TWOT - 93c
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
el-o-heem'   
Noun Masculine
 Definition
   1.   (plural)
   a.   rulers, judges
   b.   divine ones
   c.   angels
   d.   gods
   2.   (plural intensive - singular meaning)
   a.   god, goddess
   b.   godlike one
   c.   works or special possessions of God
   d.   the (true) God
   e.   God

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 08:44:35 am »
Hello JB Horn,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you are quite correct to a point, in Luke 12:32 Jesus is here 'personally' addressing the nucleus of his 'little flock' wich actually comprised later og both Jew and Gentile. (John 10:16) "I have other sheep [Gentiles] not of this fold [Jews] these also I must bring and they shall become one flock, one shepherd."

So the 'little flock' were to be gathered by the Holy Spirit up until the door of this opportunity closed when the kingdom moved into power at the end of the appointed times of the nations.

I gather by the following scriptures and comments that you have presented, that you are a Trinintarian.

The problem is that in some of the scriptures you are using, the wording is erroneous due to mistranslation from the original Greek. In John 1:1 "The Word was with God." is rendered by a capital Theta, while at the end "the Word was a god." is rendered by a standard Theta; denoting two God's of unequal status. (Vatican Greek Manuscript 1209)

The Administrator has cautioned me regarding the use of scripture, but like Young's Analytical Concordance; the New Millennium Translation of Corrected Scripture is actually the same except that is corrects also the 'sense' of what is being stated as opposed to many translations today which like the KJV is full of archaic words and phrases while it is already noted that some new translations are worded according to the beliefs of the translators which is actually unacceptable.

This is evident in some of the scriptures which you have quoted here.

The confirmation that Christ Jesus is a God and not Almighty God is confirmed in Isaiah 9:6 where he is identified as a 'Mighty' God and the Prince of Peace. If he was equal to Almighty God, then Almighty God wold cease to be Almighty; which means without equal.

Also, the other line which you quote confirms my point, "The same was in the beginning with God." Therefore as he was 'with' God then he could not 'be' God; in fact before this the Word did not exist!

I am afraid that you NAS is is at default in some of its wording, due to the fact that is alters the 'sense' of the original manuscript. You are also reading without understanding.

e.g. "Isaiah 45:21 NAS
"Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old ? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD ? And there is no other God (0430) besides Me, A righteous God (0430) and a Savior ; There is none except Me."

This scripture given to the Jews while they were under the directive of Almighty God, is making the point that at that time their only God and Saviour was Jehovah, due to the fact that under his Laws and protection, they had had only one God Almighty as opposed to all the pagan gods around them. He was also to be their Saviour, because by means of him he was at the appointed time; to produce the instrument of their Salvation the 'Messiah' who would reverse Adamic sin while at the same time by his sacrifice; release them from the 'curse' of the Mosaic Law which condemned them continually due to their imperfections.

Your next: "Titus 3:6 (NWT)
 He poured this spirit out richly on us through Jesus Christ our Savior,
(NAS) 6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

"...a Renovation of the Holy Spirit, which he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our SAVIOUR." (Vatican Greek Manuscript 1209)

So here we have the translators of the NAS altering the wording according to their own persuasion.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon was devised by the Trinitarian body to incorporate their doctrine into translation. This is why we needed the Young's Analytical Concordance which has been provided to correct these 'flaws' in addition to other older manuscripts which include the correct sense and wording.

What ‘Godhead’?
                                                                                                                                                                              The term ‘Godhead’ [Theios] Gk. used in a number of translations is more accurately defined as ‘Divine Being’ due to the fact that this refers the Grand Creator himself who is from everlasting to everlasting with no beginning and no end, whereas all other life-forms all have a beginning, even the lesser gods mentioned in Isaiah 9:6, 7 and 2 Corinthians 4:4.
Psalm 90:2 states: “… Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.”  KJV [No beginning and No end]
                                                      Waverley Encyclopaedia page 1019 Oxford Edition 1945

Bottom line is that you are using references from a biased group to boost the non-existent Trinity.

Alexander             

JB Horn

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 11:24:08 am »
Thank you for your reply. Yes you are quite correct to a point, in Luke 12:32 Jesus is here 'personally' addressing the nucleus of his 'little flock' wich actually comprised later og both Jew and Gentile. (John 10:16) "I have other sheep [Gentiles] not of this fold [Jews] these also I must bring and they shall become one flock, one shepherd."

I enjoy watching you try to twist. So the 'little flock' grows but remains small and will always be the 'little flock' so that you claim that everyone that disagrees with you are not of the Elect, except of course it is now one 'big flock'.

The problem is that in some of the scriptures you are using, the wording is erroneous due to mistranslation from the original Greek. In John 1:1 "The Word was with God." is rendered by a capital Theta, while at the end "the Word was a god." is rendered by a standard Theta; denoting two God's of unequal status. (Vatican Greek Manuscript 1209)
This is what we are talking about isn't it, interpretation, translation.
If Jesus is "a god", he is a god nonetheless. The means there are two gods, this is polytheism.

How then do we reconcile what John is saying with the rest of Scripture?

Torrey's New Topical Textbook - Christ Is God

As Jehovah
Isa 40:3; Mat 3:3;
As Jehovah of glory
Psa 24:7; Psa 24:10; 1Co 2:8; Jam 2:1;
As Jehovah, our RIGHTEOUSNESS
Jer 23:5; Jer 23:6; 1Co 1:30;
As Jehovah, above all
Psa 97:9; Joh 3:31;
As Jehovah, the First and the Last
Isa 44:6; Rev 1:17; Isa 48:12-16; Rev 22:13;
As Jehovah's Fellow and Equal
Zec 13:7; Phi 2:6;
As Jehovah of Hosts
Isa 6:1-3; Joh 12:41; Isa 8:13; Isa 8:14; 1Pe 2:8;
As Jehovah, the Shepherd
Isa 40:11; Heb 13:20;
As Jehovah, for whose glory all things were created
Pro 16:4; Col 1:16;
As Jehovah, the Messenger of the covenant
Mal 3:1; Mar 1:2; Luk 2:27;
Invoked as Jehovah
Joe 2:32; Act 2:21; 1Co 1:2;
As the Eternal God and Creator
Psa 102:24-27; Heb 1:8; Heb 1:10-12;
As the mighty God
Isa 9:6;
As the Great God and Saviour
Hos 1:7; Tit 2:13;
As God over all
Psa 45:6; Psa 45:7; Rom 9:5;
As the true God
Jer 10:10; 1Jo 5:20;
As God the Word
Joh 1:1;
As God, the judge
Ecc 12:14; 1Co 4:5; 2Co 5:10; 2Ti 4:1;
As Emmanuel
Isa 7:14; Mat 1:23;
As King of kings and Lord of lords
Deu 10:17; Rev 1:5; Rev 17:14;
As the Holy One
1Sa 2:2; Act 3:14;
As the Lord from heaven
1Co 15:47;
As Lord of the Sabbath
Gen 2:3; Mat 12:8;
As Lord of all
Act 10:36; Rom 10:11-13;
As Son of God
Mat 26:63-67;
As the Only-begotten Son of the Father
Joh 1:14; Joh 1:18; Joh 3:16; Joh 3:18; 1Jo 4:9;
His blood is called the blood of God
Act 20:28;
As one with the Father
Joh 10:30; Joh 10:38; Joh 12:45; Joh 14:7-10; Joh 17:10;
As sending the Spirit, equally with the Father
Joh 14:16; Joh 15:26;
As entitled to equal honour with the Father
Joh 5:23;
As Owner of all things, equally with the Father
Joh 16:15;
As unrestricted by the law of the sabbath, equally with the Father
Joh 5:17;
As the Source of grace, equally with the Father
1Th 3:11; 2Th 2:16; 2Th 2:17;
As unsearchable, equally with the Father
Pro 30:4; Mat 11:27;
As Creator of all things
Isa 40:28; Joh 1:3; Col 1:16; Heb 1:2;
As Supporter and Preserver of all things
Neh 9:6; Col 1:17; Heb 1:3;
As possessed of the fulness of the God head
Col 2:9; Heb 1:3;
As raising the dead
Joh 5:21; Joh 6:40; Joh 6:54;
As raising himself from the dead
Joh 2:19; Joh 2:21; Joh 10:18;
As Eternal
Isa 9:6; Mic 5:2; Joh 1:1; Col 1:17; Heb 1:8-10; Rev 1:8;
As Omnipresent
Mat 18:20; Mat 28:20; Joh 3:13;
As Omnipotent
Psa 45:3; Phi 3:21; Rev 1:8;
As Omniscient
Joh 16:30; Joh 21:17;
As discerning the thoughts of the heart
1Ki 8:39; Luk 5:22; Eze 11:5; Joh 2:24; Joh 2:25; Rev 2:23;
As unchangeable
Mal 3:6; Heb 1:12; Heb 13:8;
As having power to forgive sins
Col 3:13; Mar 2:7; Mar 2:10;
As Giver of pastors to the Church
Jer 3:15; Eph 4:11-13;
As Husband of the Church
Isa 54:5; Eph 5:25-32; Isa 62:5; Rev 21:2; Rev 21:9;
As the object of divine worship
Act 7:59; 2Co 12:8; 2Co 12:9; Heb 1:6; Rev 5:12;
As the object of faith
Psa 2:12; 1Pe 2:6; Jer 17:5; Jer 17:7; Joh 14:1;
As God, he redeems and purifies the Church to himself
Rev 5:9; Tit 2:14;
As God, he presents the Church to himself
Eph 5:27; Jud 1:24; Jud 1:25;
Saints live to him as God
Rom 6:11; Gal 2:19; 2Co 5:15;
Acknowledged by his Apostles
Joh 20:28;
Acknowledged by the Old Testament saints
Gen 17:1; Gen 48:15; Gen 48:16; Gen 32:24-30; Hos 12:3-5; Jdg 6:22-24; Jdg 13:21; Jdg 13:22; Job 19:25-27;

================

Scofield Reference Bible Notes - John 1:1

Word
(Greek, "logos"); (Aramaic, "Memra," used in the Targums, or Hebrew, paraphrases, for "God"). The Greek term means,
(1) a thought or concept;
(2) the expression or utterance of that thought. As a designation of Christ, therefore, Logos is peculiarly felicitous because,
(1) in Him are embodied all the treasures of the divine wisdom, the collective "thought" of God 1Co 1:24; Eph 3:11; Col 2:2; Col 2:3 and,
(2) He is from eternity, but especially in His incarnation, the utterance or expression of the Person, and "thought" of Deity Joh 1:3-5; Joh 1:9; Joh 1:14-18; Joh 14:9-11; Col 2:9.
In the Being, Person, and work of Christ, Deity is told out.

===========

Geneva Bible Notes, 1599 - John 1:1

In (1)the (a)beginning (b)was (c)the Word, and the Word was (d)with God, and the (e)Word was God.
(1)The Son of God is of one and the selfsame eternity or everlastingness, and of one and the selfsame essence or nature with the Father.
(a)From the beginning, as the evangelist says in (1Jo 1:1); it is as though he said that the Word did not begin to have his being when God began to make all that was made: for the Word was even then when all things that were made began to be made, and therefore he was before the beginning of all things.
(b)Had his being.
(c)This word "the" points out to us a peculiar and choice thing above all others, and puts a difference between this "Word", which is the Son of God, and the laws of God, which are also called the word of God.
(d)This word "with" points out that there is a distinction of persons here.
(e)This word "Word" is the first in order in the sentence, and is the subject of the sentence, and this word "God" is the latter in order, and is the predicate of the sentence.

The original rendering is"...Kai Theos e'n o' Logos" or "...and God was the Word."
Bottom line is that the Word is God!

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 07:23:49 pm »
Hello JB Horn,

Thank you again for your comments.

Still misreading my words again I see, the 'little flock' has one specific number in total which is 144,000; a very 'little' flock compared to the millions of followers of Christ Jesus down through the ages.

The difference between you and I is that I believe and teach the scriptures while you evidently surface read and ad-lib.

We are certainly not talking about interpretation, this belongs to Almighty God alone. Translation however is a different matter and one that is still being abused even by the authorities today for the sake of their own erroneous doctrines.

This is why a big thing is made by them concerning the Satanic doctrine of the Trinity, which anyone with common sense can see through it in two minutes. In fact, if you listen carefully when someone says 'Trinity' you will hear Satan laughing!

If one uses the scriptures instead of ad-libbing we discover that there is only one Almighty God mentioned in the Bible, but there are two other 'lesser' Gods; one is confirmed in Isaiah 9:6 the Mighty God and Prince of Peace Christ Jesus, and the other is found at 2 Corinthians 4:4 the god of the world Satan!

Torrey's New Topical Textbook - Christ Is God?

Yes, but which one?

Certainly not Almighty God because anything 'equal' to Almighty God and he ceases to be Almighty which means without equal!

I do not know who wrote this Textbook, but I suspect it was a Trinitarian. I have come across some twisted reasoning and this is a classic example!

Matthew 3:3 for instance is John the Baptist declaring a preparation of the 'Way' of Jehovah, to which Jesus later acknowledged that he is that 'Way' which has nothing to do with him being Almighty God. He is the way and instrument of Jehovah by which means he was to reverse all that transpired in Eden and open up the way to the resurrection and everlasting life by means of his sacrifice.

Now Almighty God Jehovah is immortal and cannot die nor be destroyed in any way shape or form, so if as the Trinitarians claim, that Jesus was Almighty God incarnate; then he would still be hanging there alive!

On the other hand, the challenge from Satan was that God could not put a perfect human like Adam on the earth who would remain faithful to him. So if Jesus was as the Trinitarians claim, Almighty God incarnate; then so was Adam which means that the Trinity just expanded to four!

When he was first born, he was to be called Jesus which actually means 'Jehovah is Salvation' and this was the instrument God was using for that purpose. The name Jesus and Joshua both mean 'Jehovah is Salvation' so if the Trinitarians are claiming that in this respect Jesus is Jehovah, then so is Joshua!

Like I said, common sense and reasoning soon brings the truth to the fore.

Even the term 'God-head' is a mistranslation of 'Divine Being' of which there is only one because the correct definition of being is from everlasting to everlasting, whereas Jesus as the Word is the first-born of all creation which makes him inferior to Almighty God.

As God, he redeems and purifies the Church to himself?

Not according to scripture which shows that as the mortal ransom sacrifice corresponding to Adam, Jesus is the instrument of redemption provided by Almighty God; as I explained earlier.

I could go through the whole of the scriptures quoted, but let it be sufficient to say that while every scripture quoted is absolutely correct; it is the erroneous inference which is applied to them that twists peoples minds!

If the Trinity was correct, then all the churches of Christendom would embrace it, yet when asked who he was in addressing his Apostles; Peter replied: "You are the Christ, the Son of God." (Matthew 16:16)

Not 'God the Son' as declared by the Trinitarians, so even the Apostle Peter denies the Trinity to which Jesus replied that it was his Father who was in heaven that had revealed this to him. So as Jehovah was still in heaven according to Jesus, no God incarnate!

Alexander