Author Topic: His counsel wonderful and His wisdom great  (Read 498 times)

biblebuf

His counsel wonderful and His wisdom great
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:26:00 am »
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders ; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.(Isa. 9:6 )
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.  And He will delight in the fear of the LORD, And He will not judge by what His eyes see, Nor make a decision by what His ears hear ; (isaiah 11:2-3 )
Does not wisdom call, And understanding lift up her voice ? "To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men.  "O naive ones, understand prudence ; And, O fools, understand wisdom.  "Listen, for I will speak noble things ; And the opening of my lips will reveal right things. "Counsel is mine and sound wisdom ; I am understanding, power is mine. (Prov. 8:1, 4-6, 14 )
This also comes from the LORD of hosts, Who has made His counsel wonderful and His wisdom great. (Isa. 28:29 ) But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (Jas. 1:5 )Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.(Prov. 3:5, 6 )