Author Topic: The doctrine of the Law  (Read 7653 times)

Theodore A. Jones

Re: The doctrine of the Law
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »
Every major 'denomination' has a particular 'platform of interpretation'. This means that "all" scripture is seen through that 'platform of interpretation' for that 'denomination'. This is where I went "independent". I refused to allow any 'platform of interpretation' cloud what the scriptures state. Rather, I let the scriptures interpret themselves. When one takes this approach, one can see things from a different perspective than one sees when being forced to see from only one location.

That is why four people can see the same accident from one of the four corners of an intersection, and yet not see what really happened. That is why Police officers question all four witnesses, make a composite of the four stories, and get a final truth.

Jack

What is the way(s) that your present perspective differs from what is proposed by the contemporary churches?

Frank T

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 08:24:33 am »
There is no salvation in the law but the result of accepting Christ is obeying the law.

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »
Man you just spam this board with Romans 2:13 didn't you.
Not once in the entire Law of Moses does it say that it was the means for people earning eternal salvation or a ticket to heaven. There is no salvation in the Law.

The law referenced in Rom. 2:13 is not the Law of Moses. And it is also true that no person will be declared righteous by God by observing the written code.

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 06:18:16 pm »
There is no salvation in the law but the result of accepting Christ is obeying the law.

If the law is the written code, i.e law of Moses, you are correct. However the word law referenced in Rom. 2:13 is referencing a law that was put into effect by angles after Jesus' crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. Note Heb. 7:12, Acts 7:53, Gal. 3:19.
There is no proviso in the written code that would allow for a resolution of the sin of murder which crucifying Jesus is. So that God could prove beyond a shadow of doubt that he is merciful, but only to those who have the faith to resolve the sin of Jesus' crucifixion to his satisfaction.