Author Topic: James 5:13-18  (Read 1320 times)

clark thompson

James 5:13-18
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:00:30 am »

King James Version (KJV)

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

17 Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

New King James Version (NKJV)

Meeting Specific Needs

13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

13 Pray will give us faith to get thru our suffering but times the Lord will heal us from the suffering. We are to praise God for whatever gives us joy. Prayer and praise are worship. In the good and bad we should worship the Lord.

14 Group prayer is important that our faith is beng shared with others. When we have someone else to pray for us it is not by our lack of faith but because of faith.

15 Payer heals and prayer saves. Prayer builds faith and shows our way. Pray is sometimes thankful and other times seeks God.

16 We should pray for one another and trust one another to pray for us as well. We should not expect when we ask someone to pray for something we go thru that they spread it around but we should trust that they just pray for us. Prayers are sometimes answered because we have it on our heart and keep asking God.

17 Prayers have been answered for things that are not done normally. Miracles are done thru a faithful prayer of the believer.

18 We can pray for things to done and undone thru pray.

It is better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

biblebuf

Re: James 5:13-18
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:53:24 pm »
Good morning Clark.
When I read your selected verses it is made apparent to me how important Prayer, Fellowship and Faith are the Christians. Continual prayer and fellowship with each other coupled with patients for God's plan to take place will grow the church and bring glory to our master.

God Bless
BB

Moss

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 04:00:14 pm »
Good morning Clark.
When I read your selected verses it is made apparent to me how important Prayer, Fellowship and Faith are the Christians. Continual prayer and fellowship with each other coupled with patients for God's plan to take place will grow the church and bring glory to our master.

God Bless
BB

Yes that is one aspect of prayer people leave out, God's plan may not be on our timeframe.

macuser

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 10:42:15 pm »
Remember also that sometimes God's answer is NO.

2-corinthians 12:8 Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me. 9 But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me.

clark thompson

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:23:54 pm »
Yes the answer may be no sometimes but if seek hard enough we will also get an answer wether yes, no ,or wait we pray hard enough we will get an answer.

Xuan

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 04:25:35 am »
I take the "Lord" as referring to the Lord Jesus. Thus He is the proper recipient of the worship mentioned.