Author Topic: Pray and not to lose heart  (Read 813 times)

biblebuf

Pray and not to lose heart
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »
Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart, (Luke 18:1 )
He also said to them: "Suppose one of you has a friend and goes to him at midnight and says to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I don't have anything to offer him.' Then he will answer from inside and say, 'Don't bother me! The door is already locked, and my children and I have gone to bed. I can't get up to give you anything.' I tell you, even though he won't get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence, he will get up and give him as much as he needs. (Luke 11:5-8 ) With every prayer and request, pray at all times in the Spirit, and stay alert in this, with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints. (Eph. 6:18 )
Then He said to Jacob, "Let Me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob said, "I will not let You go unless You bless me." "Your name will no longer be Jacob," He said. "It will be Israel because you have struggled with God and with men and have prevailed."(Gen. 32:26, 28 ) Devote yourselves to prayer; stay alert in it with thanksgiving. (Col. 4:2 )
 During those days He went out to the mountain to pray and spent all night in prayer to God. (Luke 6:12 )

clark thompson

Re: Pray and not to lose heart
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:39:22 pm »
If is something we truly want, we will keep praying for it but, we should not pray for things we know is outside God's will.

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:02:18 pm »
If is something we truly want, we will keep praying for it but, we should not pray for things we know is outside God's will.

Exactly, and Christ put it just that way.

"Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

I find myself adding 'let your will be done' at the end of my prayers just to show that I know His plan is more important than request.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 08:17:43 am »
I just like to make one point here that God does not always give you everything you want, sometimes He says no as an answer.

Frank T

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:30:41 am »
I just like to make one point here that God does not always give you everything you want, sometimes He says no as an answer.

Well you know the old saying 'look out what  what you asked for, you may get it.'  It very may well be that what we want is not exactly what will be the best for us and we don't realize that. But God knows what we need and what will be best for us.