Author Topic: The total depravity of man  (Read 5243 times)

JB Horn

Re: The total depravity of man
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 01:08:13 pm »
Incorrect! What is the corporate sin they had committed about forty five to fifty days previously and was brought to their minds in Acts 2:36 that cut, circumcised their hearts, individually?  The totally depraved always give the wrong answer and go beyond what is written to shift his responsibility from obeying God in regard to sin of Jesus' crucifixion.

For, behold , the days are coming , in the which they shall say , Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare , and the paps which never gave suck .  Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.  For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?  And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death .  And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do . And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. And the people stood beholding . And the rulers also with them derided him, saying , He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,  And saying , If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.  And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying , If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Are you telling us that the Father turned down the Son's request?

1 Cor. 4:6

"Repent," Peter said to them, "and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Sorry but it's still plural.

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »
For, behold , the days are coming , in the which they shall say , Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare , and the paps which never gave suck .  Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.  For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?  And there were also two other, malefactors, led with him to be put to death .  And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do . And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. And the people stood beholding . And the rulers also with them derided him, saying , He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,  And saying , If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.  And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying , If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Are you telling us that the Father turned down the Son's request?

1 Cor. 4:6

"Repent," Peter said to them, "and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Sorry but it's still plural.

Us, US! you mean Legion? Sorry I thought I was corresponding with an irresponsible human individual. God who is the father of his only begotten son, Jesus, most certainly did not turn down his sons' request. However God's Way of going about things is not by your pitiful human agenda.  Comprenda?

JB Horn

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 01:59:49 pm »
Us, US! you mean Legion? Sorry I thought I was corresponding with an irresponsible human individual. God who is the father of his only begotten son, Jesus, most certainly did not turn down his sons' request. However God's Way of going about things is not by your pitiful human agenda.  Comprenda?

Question, can you read?

And the rulers also with them derided him, saying , He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,  And saying , If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.  And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying , If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Fat

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 02:06:30 pm »

Now there is a post loaded with Biblical facts  :)

Moss

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »

When you post on a forum you are addressing all the members, I am one of the 'us' verstehen?

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »
Question, can you read?

Obviously I can read.
Now that the class has checked in; what is the factoid of guilt in regard to which sin that prompted the question "Brothers what shall we do?" in Acts 2:37.  Bearing in mind it is the pre-extant fact that the Holy Spirit's ministry is by the predetermined purpose of God purpose to convict the world of guilt in regard to a sin. Jn. 16:8 What is the sin?   

macuser

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 02:40:34 pm »
Incorrect! What is the corporate sin they had committed about forty five to fifty days previously and was brought to their minds in Acts 2:36 that cut, circumcised their hearts, individually?  The totally depraved always give the wrong answer and go beyond what is written to shift his responsibility from obeying God in regard to sin of Jesus' crucifixion.

Do corporate sins get corporate punishment?

Will you be charged with this nations sins, like 52,000,000 abortions?

Fat

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 02:52:14 pm »
Obviously I can read.
Now that the class has checked in; what is the factoid of guilt in regard to which sin that prompted the question "Brothers what shall we do?" in Acts 2:37.  Bearing in mind it is the pre-extant fact that the Holy Spirit's ministry is by the predetermined purpose of God purpose to convict the world of guilt in regard to a sin. Jn. 16:8 What is the sin?   

I have to agree with JB, Peter's answer was in for all sins. You can try to rewrite the Scripture but you're going to need a big eraser or a lot of whiteout.

Could they be forgiven with out the blood of the Cross? If not you really don't have a point to make, do you?

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:05 pm »
I have to agree with JB, Peter's answer was in for all sins. You can try to rewrite the Scripture but you're going to need a big eraser or a lot of whiteout.

Could they be forgiven with out the blood of the Cross? If not you really don't have a point to make, do you?

If it were by the faith of repenting of sins, plural, for the forgiveness of sins then John's reason for baptism should also have resulted in receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. But that did not happen either before Jesus was crucified nor after. Whenever John's system of faith is the practice no practitioner of that system of faith is granted the gift of being united with God by his Spirit.  The exemplars are Acts 18:24-26, and Acts 19:1-7. "Do not go beyond what is written.", because you can't. Apollos and those twelve men were corrected from the same error you are insisting is the way into God's kingdom, but it is not.
Class what is the sin those on the day of Pentecost repented of in order to be forgiven of their past sins? The correct answer is a sin not sins. Never will any of you be the recipient of the gift of the Holy Spirit on the basis of repenting of sins just as those twelve in Acts 19 didn't either. 

Fat

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 05:02:45 pm »
If it were by the faith of repenting of sins, plural, for the forgiveness of sins then John's reason for baptism should also have resulted in receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit. But that did not happen either before Jesus was crucified nor after. Whenever John's system of faith is the practice no practitioner of that system of faith is granted the gift of being united with God by his Spirit.  The exemplars are Acts 18:24-26, and Acts 19:1-7. "Do not go beyond what is written.", because you can't. Apollos and those twelve men were corrected from the same error you are insisting is the way into God's kingdom, but it is not.
Class what is the sin those on the day of Pentecost repented of in order to be forgiven of their past sins? The correct answer is a sin not sins. Never will any of you be the recipient of the gift of the Holy Spirit on the basis of repenting of sins just as those twelve in Acts 19 didn't either.

As usual the Rev. Jones wants to put the horse before the cart. Either that or he's forgetting that there are two types of baptism, one done by Christ and one done by actions of man.You do not receive one baptism by receiving the other. In other words if you are baptized by water this is not mean you will receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Of course on this board we try to be biblical and point things out and I tried to change the Scriptures the suit are ill formed documents.

So what point is someone baptized by the Holy Spirit? Let's take a look at the Scriptures.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness , that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished , as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized , which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Make a note that the above Scriptures are talking about Gentiles receiving the Holy Ghost before water baptism. Also note that not all heard the word but those that did receive the spirit. This falls in line with John 6:44-45 given to us by Christ.

I'm going to let the Rev. Jones point out Acts 8:17

Now the Rev. Jones claims that apparently everyone but him teaches a false doctrine on the path, which we both agree is narrow, to the kingdom of God. (Matthew 7:14)

What do we teach? John 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me

Theodore A. Jones

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 06:47:54 pm »
As usual the Rev. Jones wants to put the horse before the cart. Either that or he's forgetting that there are two types of baptism, one done by Christ and one done by actions of man.You do not receive one baptism by receiving the other. In other words if you are baptized by water this is not mean you will receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Of course on this board we try to be biblical and point things out and I tried to change the Scriptures the suit are ill formed documents.

So what point is someone baptized by the Holy Spirit? Let's take a look at the Scriptures.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness , that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished , as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized , which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Make a note that the above Scriptures are talking about Gentiles receiving the Holy Ghost before water baptism. Also note that not all heard the word but those that did receive the spirit. This falls in line with John 6:44-45 given to us by Christ.

Now the Rev. Jones claims that apparently everyone but him teaches a false doctrine on the path, which we both agree is narrow, to the kingdom of God. (Matthew 7:14)

What do we teach? John 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me

What is the sin that was repented of at Pentecost in regard to the message they heard on that day? In case you haven't noticed it is commanded "Give to the one who asks you." Answer the question.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 11:34:52 pm »
You guys are so off the topic it's hard to believe it's the same OP.

With the power invested in me, I here by shut this thread down!