Author Topic: Jude 3-4  (Read 574 times)

clark thompson

Jude 3-4
« on: August 04, 2013, 01:23:25 pm »
Jude 1:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude 1:3-4

New King James Version (NKJV)

Contend for the Faith

3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

3 We all share salvation if we are followers of Christ. It is by our faith in Christ we are carried on to follow Him. We should support each others efforts in serving the Lord and encourage each other to do what is righteous.

4 There are false teachers today as there were then. We are to judge what teachers say my the word we have if they do not preach the word they preach nothing if they do not preach the gopsel they preach a false doctrine. The Word is where we as believers should stand and allow teachers who follow the word speak the truths found in the word.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

biblebuf

Re: Jude 3-4
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 07:44:41 pm »
Hello Clark,

Two things I see here, the first is a reference to our common salvation which is the only salvation available to mankind. There is no salvation in the law or any other person or being, other than Jesus Christ.

The second thing I see here is the same thing that we were warned would happen when Paul wrote Timothy. This is been happening since the foundation of the church and most likely will continue to happen until the return of Christ.

2 Timothy 4:3 (NAS) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine ; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

Man always wants to do things his way, as proved by Adam and Eve. Man always feels that he knows better than God and will follow those who take the road of least resistance.

Blessings
BB