Author Topic: Hep me understand this......  (Read 1911 times)

awood397

Hep me understand this......
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:17:00 am »
[

biblebuf

Re: Hep me understand this......
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 07:45:54 am »
Hello 397

First get yourself a proper translation of the bible.

The Commandment reads "Do not murder."

Second what church (denomination) do you attend?

Third do you believe there is a creator that is responsible for the creation of the earth and YOU?

I would be happy to help you out if I believe you are really attempting to find God.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 08:25:45 am »
There is no mention of baptism in the old testament, find out why.

What does this story say to you concerning your question on the commandment to keep the  Sabbath?

Luke 13:10 As He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath, 11 a woman was there who had been disabled by a spirit for over 18 years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. 12 When Jesus saw her, He called out to her, "Woman, you are free of your disability." 13 Then He laid His hands on her, and instantly she was restored and began to glorify God. 14 But the leader of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, responded by telling the crowd, "There are six days when work should be done; therefore come on those days and be healed and not on the Sabbath day." 15 But the Lord answered him and said, "Hypocrites! Doesn't each one of you untie his ox or donkey from the feeding trough on the Sabbath and lead it to water?

By the way Christians believe that a species can adapt to it's environment. 

Moss

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 08:31:17 am »
A question for you:
Why do you feel it necessary to take your family to church?

biblebuf

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:33 am »
A question for you:
Why do you feel it necessary to take your family to church?

Excellent question!

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:39:55 am »
You are an educated adult, get rid of the kids bible and get a copy of the New American Standard.

When I google your screen name it shows that you're in academia. If that is true it leads me to believe your post is a scam.

If I am wrong I apologize, but the questions you ask seem to be set with an agenda.

The answers you look for, for the most part can be found in the bible, a big boys bible. Some of your questions, like #5, are set on a false premiss. Not only does the bible contradict it (book of Job) but your own science refutes it.

JB Horn

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:50 pm »
awood397,

I'm sorry I do not mean to be disrespectful, but it appears that Moss has hit the nail on the head.

You state that your purpose in attending church is because you have acquired a family, why is it you feel it necessary for you to bring your family into a religion?

After seeing your list of questions it makes no sense that you would drag your family into a religion which you apparently have absolutely no understanding of. And it also appears that you do not believe that a God that could create all matter that exist, and all life that exist, has the power to do something as simple as choosing two animals capable of reproducing.

I think there must be something that you have left out in your setup for these questions that I am missing, and I apologize but it makes no sense to me.

You should enter in your question #16 that both David and Paul were murderers like Moses. It appears to me the lesson here is the ability for God to forgive. Until you can understand that message you are going no where in your study of the scriptures.

JB

Bob

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »
Looks like you guys chased awood397 away. I never got to read the post, did anyone save it?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:04:36 pm »
Looks like you guys chased awood397 away. I never got to read the post, did anyone save it?

He was, or is, an Aussy grade school teacher nearest I can figure.

Admindude

Fat

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »
Now that is weird.