Author Topic: Suffering with Christ.  (Read 604 times)

biblebuf

Suffering with Christ.
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:34:28 pm »

And he said unto all, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. (Luke 9:23 )
by glory and dishonor, by evil report and good report; as deceivers, and yet true;(2 Cor. 6:8 )  Yea, and all that would live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution (2 Tim. 3:12 ) But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? then hath the stumbling-block of the cross been done away.(Gal. 5:11 )
 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ.(Gal. 1:10 )
If ye are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are ye ; because the Spirit of glory and the Spirit of God resteth upon you. For let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or an evil-doer, or as a meddler in other men's matters  but if a man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God in this name. (1 Pet. 4:14-16 )
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; (Phil. 1:29 )  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead. And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.(2 Cor. 5:14, 15 )  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: (2 Tim. 2:12 )

macuser

Re: Suffering with Christ.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:53 am »
Suffering for the Church hasn't really started in my country yet, but I can see it coming fast

Be strong.

Mac