Author Topic: The Basics of The Gospel of Jesus Christ  (Read 5555 times)

Jon4TheCross

The Basics of The Gospel of Jesus Christ
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »
I for some reason cannot attach a file, maybe cause I'm brand new to this site. So I will just let you ask for it.
I have not attached the message that I preach every afternoon after giving out invitations to as many people as I can that day. If anyone cares to read it, it is now available to read. I have gotten little feedback regarding it. Part of it is something God allowed me to realize while in solitude (the woods) for certain days fasting and trusting God with my life. God is doing something that many of us have not seen before, I know I haven't, and I really believe that even if you don't read it, eventually you will read it or hear it by how fast the change is going to take place in this world. It is the same message we have been given from the time of Jesus.

My brothers and sisters, I love you all.

admin

• Administrator
Re: The Basics of The Gospel of Jesus Christ
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 10:56:58 pm »
Here is Jon's attachment via Email (Three parts)

This is the basics, the milk of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ in complete unity and agreement with the written and Living Word of God. When these basics are understood and practiced by a group of individuals, those individuals make up a place where God dwells, the unity of the Body of Christ. There is power in this place of unity where God dwells through the Holy Spirit, because God is alive and working through those in the unity of the temple of the Holy Spirit. This temple is not a temple made by hands, but it is the collective members of the priesthood of God. Understanding this priesthood which makes up the temple of the Holy Spirit is vital to understanding the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So we will start at the beginning of the priesthood, and if we have ears to hear then we will understand that now we are given the privilege to be joint heirs with Jesus the High Priest of God, to be able to be working in this everlasting priesthood. This gift of being adopted into the family of God can never be earned, deserved, or bought, but it is given to us in exchange for one simple thing, faith in God. For it is written in the book of Romans that we obtain access into this grace of God by faith. This word faith means a variety of things in the written Word of God, depending on how it’s being used, but approximately 90% of the time it can be interpreted as the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of God which is the amount of God in us. If we have the faith of God, even a little bit (such as the basics, the milk of the Word of God), then we have God in us, which is a gift we cannot deserve, earn, or buy. This gift is given by grace, but through faith. For it is written in the book of Ephesians, For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
   We obtain this faith through one simple thing, hearing. We cannot hear if we are not listening. We are not listening if we do not listen to the one needful thing, the Word of God. For it is written in the book of Luke, "Now it came to pass, as they went, that he (Jesus) entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." We obtain the grace and gifts of God through faith, which is the one needful thing, the hearing of The Word of God which establishes and increases the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of God in us. So you have taken the first step in willfully doing something to try to hear the true words of the Most High God. Some of you will know in hearing these words immediately that they are true, and that is a gift from God, if you do truly and undeniably have that solid knowledge. Some of you have taken the first step to that knowledge by at least being open to the possibility that this message is the true message that God has already given us long ago. Once you have willfully allowed yourself to hear this message, then you have taken the step required to obtain faith by grace. So once you have obtained faith after hearing this message, then you can exist in, and justify that faith given by grace through works. So then, here is the message starting at the beginning of the priesthood of God.
   The first example of any known priesthood of God is given in the time before Jesus, and before the temporary priesthood of the Levites (a tribe of the people that made up the children of Israel. Israel is the new name given to Jacob, the son of Abraham, which we know of in the saying “the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob”). The first example of the priesthood that we have in the written Word of God is in the days of Abraham. In this example Abraham gives 10% of certain goods and things that he owned to the everlasting priesthood of God. For it is written in the book of Hebrews, “For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.” So it is clear that the first example of the priesthood is the everlasting priesthood of God, which has been in existence, is in existence, and always will be in existence. There was only one reason why Abraham was not yet a part of that everlasting priesthood (for the priesthood cannot tithe to itself), and it is because God had not given the gift yet which allowed us to be adopted into the family of God. So time went on, and Abraham had a son called Isaac, and Isaac had a son called Jacob. It is written in the book of Genesis, “Then Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.’ ” It is clear that Jacob, who was also given the new name Israel, gave tithes and made it clear for us to see that he was not part of the existing priesthood. More days passed by, and Israel had 12 sons, the children of Israel. One of these sons was named Levi. The children of Levi are called the Levites in the Bible. These Levites are the one tribe out of the 12 tribes of Israel that received a different inheritance then the rest of the 11 tribes, their inheritance was the temporary priesthood of the law of Moses.
After God had brought the children of Israel into the land promised, they were all given inheritance in the land, except the Levites. In the book of Numbers it is written, “Then the LORD said to Aaron (the high priest at the time, also the brother of Moses): ‘You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel. Behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tithes in Israel as an inheritance in return for the work which they perform, the work of the tabernacle of meeting. Hereafter the children of Israel shall not come near the tabernacle of meeting, lest they bear sin and die. But the Levites shall perform the work of the tabernacle of meeting, and they shall bear their iniquity; it shall be a statute forever, throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance. For the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer up as a heave offering to the LORD, I have given to the Levites as an inheritance; therefore I have said to them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.’ ” So it’s clear that the priesthood made up of the tribe of the Levites had one inheritance, God, and no inheritance of land or any material thing except the tithes given by those who were not a part of the priesthood. The continual work of God is why they received tithes, because tithes were given in return for the work which they performed continually being the priesthood, which was their inheritance.
   This priesthood is often called the Levitical priesthood, and it was a temporary priesthood given along with the Law of God. The Law of God was a compilation of commandments and things to live by. The knowledge of this Law of God was given during the time of Moses. From the time of Moses until the New Testament taught by Jesus, what is called the Law of Moses was what the Children of Israel were required to live by. All others which were not a part of the Children of Israel are often called Gentiles in the Bible. There is much to know about the Law of Moses, and I would encourage you all to learn about it in the Old Testament of the Bible. I will not go into it further, but rather explain to you the change that took place during the time of Jesus, and brought us by the Gift of God into the New Testament and Gospel of Jesus Christ.
   When Jesus was born, he was born in the time of the Law of Moses. The Law of Moses was never able to deliver us, both Jews (the Children of Israel) and Gentiles, from the fact that we could never be free from the curse of sins that we commit. These sins (our unholy and evil attitudes, actions, thoughts, and words) that every single one of us has committed were never committed even once by Jesus. How do we know this? We all don’t know this of course, but those who have received the available Gift of God know this because they possess that available gift which has been made available by the fact that Jesus fulfilled the Law of Moses perfectly. This means Jesus was perfectly free of sin, innocent and holy. Jesus fulfilled the Law of Moses perfectly, and that is why He was able to bring us into a New Testament, replacing the ways of the Old Testament and Law of Moses with a better way. This New Testament was taught by Jesus. If Jesus had only taught us this New Testament, and done nothing else, then we would still be living in the Law of Moses; but Jesus did do something else. After teaching us the New Testament, He made a way for us to live in that New Testament. He took the punishment that we are all worthy of, both Jews and Gentiles, and died in our place, paying the price for our salvation from ungodliness. We are all worthy of death and punishment because we have all chosen to trust in something or someone other than God; we have all sinned and have lived without holiness. The reason we are free from sin, death, and hell, is not only because Jesus died in our place, but because He is alive forever, and death could not hold Him. For it is written in the book of Revelation, “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.” Even more glorious is the fact that Jesus sits on the right hand of the Father, Almighty God, and intercedes for us continually. Jesus was seen after his resurrection by many, and before he ascended into heaven to sit on the right hand of the Father, He gave his disciples a very important commandment. It is written in the book of Acts, “And being assembled together with them, He (Jesus) commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, ‘which,’ He said, ‘you have heard from Me;  for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.’ ”

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58:26 pm »
Part Two

When Jesus died for our sins and rose again from the grave, He made it possible for us to be free of the curse of sin and death, through the availability of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. This made the temporary Levitical priesthood void, because now we are given the gift of the Holy Spirit. This makes us adopted into the everlasting family of God. This makes us joint heirs with Jesus, the Eternal High Priest of the everlasting priesthood of God. This priesthood has always been in existence, but we were not allowed to be a part of it because of the sins in our life which could not be completely annihilated in us without the price paid by Jesus, which gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit. For it is written in the book of Hebrews, “Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him (Jesus), since He always lives to make intercession for them.  For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; who does not need daily, as those high priests (of the Law of Moses), to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.” It is also written in the book of 1 Peter “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.” It is also written in the book of Romans, “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” If we really seek to hear the truth and obtain grace through faith, then we have heard it concerning our identity in Christ Jesus. For it is written also in the book of 1 Corinthians (Paul the Apostle speaking), “For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus (in the flesh) no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” It is written also in the book of Romans (Paul the Apostle speaking), “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.” It is also written in Ephesians (Paul the Apostle speaking), “I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Therefore He says: “ When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.” (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.) And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore, putting away lying, “ Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.”
   For those who have ears to hear the one and only true message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you have heard the basics of it. We are the priesthood of God if we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, which is what seals us, saves us, and makes us holy. Jesus died and rose again that we would be free from sin and death. We are given a promise that if we do not know Jesus personally, that we can. We must first truly believe that He died and rose again, paying the price for us. This is the first step to salvation. Next we must confess that we are sinners in need of deliverance, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Lastly, we must repent. This word is clarified in the written Word of God by multiple examples of living, and in doctrine. I will help to clarify what repentance is, but I will first establish that it is absolutely required to be able to receive the promise of the Father, the Holy Spirit, our gift that makes us adopted into the family of God. Without repentance there is no forgiveness of sins, meaning we are not cleansed, pure, and ready to receive the Holy Spirit which seals us. It is written in the book of Hebrews, “Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.” It should be clear to those who have an ear to hear that repentance from dead works is absolutely foundational in being continually a part of this united priesthood of God which exists through the power of the Holy Spirit.
   Now I will clarify through the words of the Eternal High Priest, Jesus, what repentance from dead works truly is. I will not focus on what we should not do, but I will focus on the work of this priesthood that every single one of us must be actively doing. It is written in the book of Matthew (after Jesus rose from the grave, but before he left), “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Those are powerful words, especially when a person knows much of what Jesus commanded us. The priesthood is called to make disciples of all nations, and to teach everything Jesus taught to those who will listen and follow through repentance. So now you know the basic form of repentance from dead works. The absolute priority of those in the eternal priesthood of God is to work for God continually, in any way that we can possibly increase and edify the body of Christ. This means that we can put absolutely no limit on our fruitfulness for God. It means we must always study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. God is love, and repentance is founded in the love of God. Listen to this passage from the book of 1 John, describing how we can recognize the priesthood and children of God by the love that they have in them. “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous. Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.”
   I could go on and on about what the written Word of God has to say about the love of God, but I will encourage you to diligently seek to know more about this repentance that only exists if we truly love God and each other. We must do all that we possibly can to help others, invite others to Christ, and edify the body of Christ. There are few careers in which we can work for the Lord in the priesthood, and make money at the same time. An example of one career would be a mobile food or merchandise cart. This would allow someone to make money and also hand out very many invitations for people to listen to a message to be preached later that day. That is just one example. We are to teach all things that Jesus commanded us, so I will give you no excuse to hang on to the world and be choked by the cares and riches of it. For Jesus spoke concerning the cares and riches of this world, and it is written in the book of Matthew (pay close attention to these words, for they apply to every single person), “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Here is a warning to listen carefully to what follows) The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (riches). Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:59:40 pm »
Part Three

It is clear that there is no excuse for choosing to be less fruitful for the Lord. Choosing to not do everything within your power to spread the Gospel, and to do the work of the everlasting priesthood is choosing to not live in the love of God. Our reasonable service is to offer up our lives as a living sacrifice. We have a promise from God that His yoke is easy, and His burden is light. Working for the Lord is our number one priority, because that’s what repentance founded in love is. If you’re not concerned about what more you can do for the Lord, then you have not loved in purity and truth.
   No matter, because it is likely in the past that you did not know all of this. We have had this same message since Jesus brought us the new way of life through the gift of the Holy Spirit. This means that every one of us is required to be accountable for this exceeding great gift. To whom much is given, much is required. We have never been given more than we have today, and we are all held accountable for what can be known, and what we can all seek to know if we don’t know it yet. If we choose to reject such a great gift, then remember that God did not say in vain that to whom much is given, much is required. If you are required something of God, please don’t test Him to see what He will do if you reject the clear truth in these last days. This work for God in the everlasting priesthood is a great and unfathomable gift. We can always be growing more and more in the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of God. If we don’t consider this a priority, then we don’t consider the one needful thing a priority, which is the Word of God, Jesus.
   It is written in Revelation (Jesus speaking about a certain group of people in the priesthood), “Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.”
   What are these first works? Let us look at the very first example of the unity of the body of Christ, the unity of the priesthood, and the works which they did for God. You will see through scripture that they all spoke the same thing, which is only what they know, not what they believe. You will see the example of how great the love of God truly is, and what He is capable of accomplishing through those that choose to work for Him in this priesthood. It is written in Acts, “And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.”
   This is one of the very first examples of the united priesthood of God that we have been given. These first works were simply a group of people working for God with the love of God abiding in them without corruption. God will take care of the rest through His priesthood who is continually working for Him in spreading the Gospel, helping those in need, and edifying the body of Christ. Giving money or goods is indeed a form of edifying the body of Christ and helping others, but giving money and goods takes very little time. Working for this world in a career that limits your fruitfulness for God, just so you can give more money to the priesthood, this is not working for God unless you’re giving invitations to everyone you possibly can at your workplace. But how long does that take? If you’ve already invited everyone you work with to the message of the true Gospel, or have told them yourself, why would you not move on to so many innumerable others who have not received an invitation in these last days to hear the true message? Why do the people who go to church a few, or a couple, times a week not seek as many people as they can to give invitations to every day. And why is a message not given by someone every day? Why do we speak and teach what we do no know? These are reasons for the lack of unity and power in those that claim Christianity. Many of those who claim Christianity preach tithe as a New Testament commandment. How can the priesthood tithe to itself? If we tithe to a church, we are ignorantly professing that we are not of the eternal priesthood and family of God. But we have all been guilty of being deceived; we have all been led down a path that ended up being the wrong one. There is no respect of persons with God, for we are all sinners. The question isn’t whether or not we have been deceived and sinned, for we all have, but rather, are we going to listen to the truth and give all of our time to the work of the Lord? That is repentance, the final step after believing in Jesus, and confessing that you’re a sinner. When we repent, we are a part of the everlasting priesthood of God, and we will all be given the seal of the Holy Spirit. For it is written in the book of Luke (the words and promises of Jesus) “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
   This message that you have received is known, and it is the written and spoken true message of the Word of God. All you have to do now if you don’t know that these words are true is, simply, truly, and with all trust, believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose again from the grave; confess that you’re a sinner in need of the love of God and His salvation; and last of all repent from the dead works of the world, and work for God. If you have not been baptized in the name of the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit for the remission of sins and unto repentance, then it is something that you need to do as a public confession of your faith. When you are baptized, it is a public statement that you believe that your sins are washed by the blood of Jesus, and that you will live in newness of life, working in the everlasting priesthood for the rest of your days. There are many ways in which we can work in the everlasting priesthood of God. Many of these ways can actually produce financial support at the same time, but we can never choose to make more money over spreading the Gospel to more and more of the innumerable amount of people who have not been given this true message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. One thing must be clear in regards to the spreading of the Gospel, edification, and helping those in need; never can we charge or ask money for something meant to edify, help, or spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have been warned about this in the written Word of God, for it is written in the book of 2 Peter, “But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.”
   To those who are guilty of this; you are no different than any single person on the face of the earth, for we have all sinned, and we have all been deceived. If you have taught something wrong your whole life, remember that the past matters not, and all of us are equal. To whom much is given, much is required. Now you have been given more to be accountable of, and make no mistake, God will hold you accountable for it.
   There is a standard that God has given concerning what worldly job a member of the everlasting priesthood can hold. These standards can be summed up in two commandments; Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. But I will now list these requirements for you, in an attempt to clearly communicate that God must always be the first priority. I can never tell you exactly what God wants you to do in working for Him, but it’s clear through the written Word of God what we cannot do. Many of you will not even need to work for wages while spreading the Gospel, but many will, and it is acceptable and approved in the eyes of the Lord.
1. At any second of any day you must be able to stop working for any length of time the Lord may decide, and still maintain your job without offense to others.
2. You must be able to by personal interaction invite as many people as possible to the salvation message every day while working that job.
3. You must be able, if you have the knowledge, to at any time spend as much time as needed leading someone to the Truth, and still maintain your job without offense to others.
4. You must be mobile for the Lord. This means that if you’ve given an invitation to everyone, you must be able to find more that day, while still maintaining your job without offense to others.
5. Your job cannot limit how many people you can invite to the salvation message daily, only God will be in control of that number of people through how he directs your life each and every day.

Working for the Lord in this everlasting priesthood is an occupation, and there is absolutely no requirement to work a worldly job for money or goods, unless God has told you to directly. The ways in which we can spread the Gospel, help others, and edify the body of Christ are very many. God will direct you into what you ought to be doing, but it will be one of two things. Working for God in truth, while making worldly wages, or working for God in truth while being supported by the unity of the body of Christ.

These are requirements given by God through his Word that outline what job a member of the unity of the body of Christ and the priesthood of God can have . Now listen to what God has given us in terms of a job. For God has given most people a job that they can do right now.

This is where the information gets practical. First I will outline the requirements for the invitations. These invitations must be for a message given that day, at a certain time, at a certain place in the local community, and with a baptismal to follow if at all possible. If a baptismal cannot follow the message, it needs to be available as soon as possible for those who want to publicly confess their faith in God. The invitations should be handed out with every interaction with people possible, both verbally, and if possible with a written invitation. If they want to know about the message being delivered, tell them only what you know, nothing else. If you feel uncomfortable telling someone about the Truth because you feel you need more time to study to show yourself approved, it’s fine, because you’re still inviting them into the family of God by telling them only what you absolutely know.

Now I will outline the only message that can be preached and taught in the body of Christ, but of course God has outlined that long ago. It is simple, you can only preach, teach, or exhort what you know. If you know what you teach, preach, or exhort, then it is the Word of God coming out of you, because God knew it before you did. Jesus said it, and we must obey, “Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen.” If little is known by the local body of Christ at the time, then this sermon, message, and truth that is known, and which was known by God before it was known by me, can be read as the message. Truth is what is known. If something is not known by someone, somewhere, and at any given time, then it is not Truth. But we know that God knows all things, so all things are known, making Jesus the Truth which is also what is known. So there will always be an approved message by God, and this message is approved by God because it is known to be the Truth of the message of the Gospel of Jesus. Following each message should be a baptismal if possible. Anyone desiring to be baptized will be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. This baptism is a public confession that you at minimum believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and that he rose from the dead and now sits on the right hand of the Father interceding for all of us. That you confess that you’re a sinner in need of the salvation which comes from the washing of our sins by the blood of Christ. That you repent and will live a new life after baptism, trusting and conforming to all things that Jesus has commanded, and working for him as much as possible in the priesthood and unity of the body of Christ. For the message will not be in the wisdom of the words of men, but in the power of God. God will testify through his power and through us stretching out the hand of Jesus that this message is the one true message we have been given long ago.

Now that the proper way to invite and the proper message and baptism has been clearly defined, I will now move on to the job that most people can have while working for the Lord. Of course we’ve been given the list of standards outlined previously, but there is always one job that most people can do, and many people are doing it already. This is not the only job anyone can do. Any job meeting the list of the standards previously defined is acceptable as a job we can work while working first for the Lord, and giving Him our time first. We have all neglected to love one another at some point in time, but let us boldly shake off the cares and riches of this world, and love with the love of God.

The job that will always be an acceptable job to have while working for the Lord is being a mobile food vendor. This is already being done by so many in this world, and in small and large scale businesses. The simplest of these, and a way to start at least, is a small food cart. If you don’t feel that you need to work at all making worldly wages, but devote all of your time trusting in God and spreading the Gospel, God will take care of you and direct you into what you need to be doing if your heart is right. For others who feel that this is a good way to start out, it is acceptable with God.
Find a way to build a food cart or a way to sell some food or merchandise item at locations where there are multitudes of people. The main thing is that you need to do it lawfully, and by all local food codes and laws. The body of Christ will help you to either share cart time with an existing cart, or to obtain one for yourself. If someone needs a job, let them use your cart for half the day, a few times a week, even if they don’t believe in Jesus. They will still be handing out the invitations and edifying the body of Christ. Go and make a living while inviting people always into the family of God if that is the direction God has given you. God has given everyone a job that they can do in working for Him in this priesthood, but it is a continual, lifetime job. God approves getting away for a bit to be alone with Him or take a much needed break; but be careful to not look for excuses to be less fruitful for God. In your time off simply live for God and cooperate with the body of Christ in any way that you can to edify and invite more and more into the family of God.

Think for a moment if your local privately owned fast food chain owner was obedient to the Gospel of Jesus Christ? How many invitations could be given each day? What about all the food vendors that travel to main events? The possibilities are endless, but one thing is known, that God is calling us into the harvest fields urgently and giving us no excuse whatsoever to refuse Him. Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. Value the one needful thing in order to grow and be who it is that God wants you to be. The one needful thing is the Word of God, which is known, and all we have to do is diligently seek to know Him also.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 11:17:53 pm »
You preach a lot of stuff here Jon that you cannot back up biblically.  For instance:

Quote from: Jon
We have a promise from God that His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.

John 15:20
"Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

Blessings and welcome to the forum
Admindude

Fat

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:02:14 pm »
1 Corinthians 12:28 And God has placed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, next, miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, managing, various kinds of languages.

Point - there are many forms of ministry.

Working for the Lord in this everlasting priesthood is an occupation, and there is absolutely no requirement to work a worldly job for money or goods, unless God has told you to directly.

But Paul said:

2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work , neither should he eat .

Jon4TheCross

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:51:34 am »
First we are the workers of God, this vocation which is our reasonable service. Work as defined many times in scriptures is doing the work the Christ taught and gave us an example to do. God does consider this work, even if we don't make wages.

In regards to the promise that His yoke is easy and His burden light; most of the world considers reward in my eyes as suffering, trouble, something that is grevious to the flesh. It is written in Matthew 11 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light." This is Jesus speaking, God. This is a promise.

I love you all.

Fat

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 08:00:16 am »
Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and (YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.) 30 For )My yoke is ]easy and My burden is light.”

Christ was talkimg of your soul (salvation). He was compairing the Law and Grace as the road to heaven. He was in no way saing that the Christian life on earth was easier than others.

Here is what Gill had to say about the verse.

Take my yoke upon you
The phrase is Rabbinical. The Jewish doctors often speak  of (Mymv twklm lwe) , "the yoke of the kingdom of heaven", and of persons taking it upon them; and which they exhort to, and express in much such language as here ; (avydq) (atwklm lwe wkyyle wlybq) , "take upon you the yoke of the holy kingdom", every day. They distinguish this from the yoke of the law, and say

``a man must first take upon him the yoke of the kingdom of heaven, and after that take upon him the "yoke" of the commandment.''

Their sense I take to be this, that a man must first make a profession of his faith in the God of Israel, and then live conformably to his law: agreeably to this, Christ exhorts such persons who come to him for rest and happiness, to profess their faith in him, to embrace the doctrines of the Gospel, to submit to his ordinances, and to walk according to those laws, commands, and orders, which he, as king of saints, has made, and requires obedience to: so those who come to him for life, and believe in him, as the Saviour of their souls, though they are not to trust in, and depend upon any duties performed by them; yet they are not to sit still, or lay aside the performance of good works, or live a licentious course of life, but are always to be doing the will and work of their Lord. And this he calls "his yoke", in distinction from the yoke of the law of Moses, and of the traditions of the elders.

And learn of me, for I am meek, and lowly in heart:
respect seems to be had to ( Zechariah 9:9 ) where such characters as these are given of the Messiah. The meekness, humility, and lowliness of Christ appear in his assumption of human nature; in his subjection to his Father; in the whole of his deportment and conversation among men; in his submission to the ordinance of baptism; in the whole course of his obedience to God, and in his sufferings and death: and he is to be imitated herein, by all his followers, who may learn many excellent things from his example, as well as from his doctrine; and particularly, that whereas, though he was so great a person, yet condescended to perform every duty with readiness and cheerfulness, his disciples should not think it below them to conform to every ordinance of his, to every branch of his will; for he has set them an example, that they should tread in his steps, and walk even as he has walked. There never was such an instance of humility, and lowliness of mind, as Christ; nor is there any example so worthy of our imitation as his. The Jews have a saying ,

``for ever let a man (llyhk Ntwwne) , "be meek as Hillell", and let him not be wrathful as "Shammai":''

which two men were presidents of their universities about the times of Christ. But our Lord says, "learn of me", not of "Hillell", or any of your doctors,

and ye shall find rest unto your souls;
referring to ( Jeremiah 6:16 ) and which shows the rest he speaks of in the preceding verse, to be not a corporal, but a spiritual one; and which is to be enjoyed "in", though not "for" the observance of Christ's commands; whose "ways are ways of pleasantness, and all" whose "paths are peace".

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 10:36:59 am »
First we are the workers of God, this vocation which is our reasonable service. Work as defined many times in scriptures is doing the work the Christ taught and gave us an example to do. God does consider this work, even if we don't make wages.

In regards to the promise that His yoke is easy and His burden light; most of the world considers reward in my eyes as suffering, trouble, something that is grevious to the flesh. It is written in Matthew 11 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light." This is Jesus speaking, God. This is a promise.

I love you all.
Hello Brother Jon

If your position that we should take delight in our suffering for Christ, I agree. But as to the yoke being easy Christ is not addressing our walk here on earth but the defeat of the law by the work already done by our Lord Christ. There is no salvation in the Law!

The problem I have with your essay is that you make it seem like the only way to preach the gospel is to force others to hear it from our mouths. The Gospel can be preached by others seeing you living a true Christian life. You really believe that Christ wants Christians to be considered unemployable by non-christians because they are undependable as workers? I say it is the opposite, they should want Christians to work for them.

Did you get anything from the story of Joseph that addresses your essay?

Paul's Sufferings for Christ
2 corinthians 11:16 I repeat: no one should consider me a fool. But if [you do], at least accept me as a fool, so I too may boast a little. 17 What I say in this matter of boasting, I don't speak as the Lord would, but foolishly. 18 Since many boast from a human perspective, I will also boast. 19 For you gladly put up with fools since you are so smart! 20 In fact, you put up with it if someone enslaves you, if someone devours you, if someone captures you, if someone dominates you, or if someone hits you in the face. 21 I say this to [our] shame: we have been weak. But in whatever anyone dares [to boast]-I am talking foolishly-I also dare: 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? I'm talking like a madman-I'm a better one: with far more labors, many more imprisonments, far worse beatings, near death many times. 24 Five times I received from the Jews 40 lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. I have spent a night and a day in the depths of the sea. 26 On frequent journeys, [I faced] dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my own people, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the open country, dangers on the sea, and dangers among false brothers; 27 labor and hardship, many sleepless nights, hunger and thirst, often without food, cold, and lacking clothing. 28 Not to mention other things, there is the daily pressure on me: my care for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation? 30 If boasting is necessary, I will boast about my weaknesses. 31 The eternally blessed One, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus, knows I am not lying. 32 In Damascus, the governor under King Aretas 40), a Nabatean Arab king guarded the city of the Damascenes in order to arrest me, 33 so I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall and escaped his hands.

God bless you and your ministry

Admindude

Jon4TheCross

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 08:02:29 am »
There is nothing to suggest that you know or understand all the meaning that was spoken of in "my yoke is easy, and my burden is light". I agree it's talking about our soul, but that doesn't mean that the yoke and burden (work) of Jesus is only in the life after this flesh. This is the kind of perspective that puts God in a box, assuming that you know all of what Jesus was saying in those few words. Many times when Jesus spoke He purposely spoke in a way that many combinations of words that He used have confirmed multiple truths. When all scripture is combined it will only bring one uncontradictory truth and message. I know that the yoke is easy and the burden light both in this world and the next by the fact that I currently have the true yoke and burden (work) of the Lord as my occupation (because there is only one true work that we work for God). Of course to truly understand this you also need to understand what was taught to us concerning "all things common" as spoken of in Acts. This way of life (the yoke and burden of Christ) is easy and light, but easy and light can also be interpreted many ways. What is easy? What is light? This is a perspective given by Jesus to clarify the way we ought to accept and look at the work of Christ. Not only is working for God a treasure in itself, but if we do all things by the strength of God then why would it be hard? It is only hard if we are not doing all things by the strength of God, and according to His will. I will never agree that it's an easy or light lifestyle to resist what God is currently teaching the world through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When I use the word resist I'm just talking about the different ways in which Jesus has clarified that we are unfruitful. The way side, the stony ground, and especially the thorns are all examples of resisting the Lord. The most common way of resisting the Lord is to not love the written Word of God, and to love the Word of God we must treasure it, and spend all the time we can putting more and more in us.
For example, if I was to say that there is one thing lacking in the church for it to be fruitful, this would not be a lie, because there is one thing lacking (even though many would interpret it as if I was saying, only one thing). It is also true that there are many things lacking, but if there are many things lacking, then there is one thing lacking, and both are true. Jesus spoke in this way many times.
Because I spoke of "all things common", I'll also show you the way that God is bringing this to reality once again in this world.

If we can have an evergrowing statistic of the definition of the necessities of life (which will be far greater than food, drink, clothing on average I'm sure), then we can give the question "if (whatever number of people in the statistic) people have given their opinion on the necessities of life, and the votes have made an average level of luxury from all the votes, would you be willing (and not by necessity) to choose this level no matter if it raised your standards of living or decreased them? Of course the more votes, the more powerful the statistic.

This is already happening by a few, but more will be added daily who are taking the statistic if they are called to it.

I love you all.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 11:50:38 am »
I'll assume your reply is directed to me.

Then you do agree that the Christian life is not a light work here on earth. The trouble is that you setup the new believer for failure when you tell him that his life is going to be a bed of roses.

I would suggest to you that you take the bible as a whole and not try to analyze one verse at a time without considering the Whole.

Please consider the following scripture.
Matthew 16:24 KJV 
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 

Mark 8:34 KJV
 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 

Mark 10:21 KJV
 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest : go thy way , sell whatsoever thou hast , and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come , take up the cross, and follow me. 

Luke 9:23 KJV 
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily , and follow me.

What is this Cross Christ speaks of?

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon

Strong's Number:   4716

Original Word
Word Origin
staurovß
from the base of (2476)
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
Stauros
7:572,1071
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
stow-ros'   
Noun Masculine
 Definition
   1.   an upright stake, esp. a pointed one
   2.   a cross
   a.   a well known instrument of most cruel and ignominious punishment, borrowed by the Greeks and Romans from the Phoenicians; to it were affixed among the Romans, down to the time of Constantine the Great, the guiltiest criminals, particularly the basest slaves, robbers, the authors and abetters of insurrections, and occasionally in the provinces, at the arbitrary pleasure of the governors, upright and peaceable men also, and even Roman citizens themselves
   b.   the crucifixion which Christ underwent

What did Christ say about His Cross? He ask the Father to remove it from Him, "And he said , Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will , but what thou wil"

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
 Strong's Number:   4221     (cup )
Original Word   Word Origin
pothvrion   of a derivative of the alternate of (4095)
Transliterated Word   TDNT Entry
Poterion   6:148,841
Phonetic Spelling   Parts of Speech
pot-ay'-ree-on        Noun Neuter
 Definition
a cup, a drinking vessel
metaph. one's lot or experience, whether joyous or adverse, divine appointments, whether favourable or unfavourable, are likened to a cup which God presents one to drink: so of prosperity and adversity

If you believe the Christ yoke here on earth was light then you must believe that your salvation was bought at a cheap price. No, Christ is telling you that He has paid for your inheritance and you have been delivered from the YOKE of the Law.

The yoke of the Apostles was heavy and brought them to early death. However, they delighted in their persecution for their Lord Christ, as should we.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

When we work for others.

Colossians 3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: 23 And whatsoever ye do , do it heartily , as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. 25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done : and there is no respect of persons.

And of employers

Colossians 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

There are many ways to spread the Gospel of Christ and many gifts that are received from the Spirit.

Blessings

Jon4TheCross

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 12:31:25 pm »
Are any agreeing that the power of God (some do just have the form, some do lack the promised power)working through us makes everything He does through us easy and light? What is the yoke and burden of God? Even being a living sacrifice, eternal, ever being worked through by the power of God, being joint-heirs with Christ. It was easy for Christ to choose to die for us. It was easy for Him to choose to take the next lash, and to stay the next second on the cross for us. It may not have felt good, and it may have been torcherous to flesh, but the choice has always been and will ever be easy, not complicated, not heavy. It is always easy to make the choice to love when we are of the Spirit. This is the vocation that we are called to, and it is easy and light.

I love you all.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:17:24 pm »
Are any agreeing that the power of God (some do just have the form, some do lack the promised power)working through us makes everything He does through us easy and light? What is the yoke and burden of God? Even being a living sacrifice, eternal, ever being worked through by the power of God, being joint-heirs with Christ. It was easy for Christ to choose to die for us. It was easy for Him to choose to take the next lash, and to stay the next second on the cross for us. It may not have felt good, and it may have been torcherous to flesh, but the choice has always been and will ever be easy, not complicated, not heavy. It is always easy to make the choice to love when we are of the Spirit. This is the vocation that we are called to, and it is easy and light.

I love you all.

During a severe testing by affliction, their abundance of joy and their deep poverty overflowed into the wealth of their generosity.

Then I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "let them rest from their labors, for their works follow them!"

Proa42

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 01:43:52 pm »
With regard to Jon's "One thing lacking" example, it is true -- there is only one thing lacking for the Body of Christ to bear fruit. Not several.