Author Topic: The law is perfect  (Read 728 times)

Hal

The law is perfect
« on: September 14, 2013, 09:57:24 am »

Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure , making wise the simple

The law being perfect it can have no flaw but can a perfect law bring salvation , if not there must be a flaw with it. 

JB Horn

Re: The law is perfect
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 05:20:10 pm »

Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure , making wise the simple

The law being perfect it can have no flaw but can a perfect law bring salvation , if not there must be a flaw with it.

By "converting the soul" does not mean that the KEEPING of the law save you by converting your soul. The perfect law is used by the Holy Ghost to bring you to repentance. Then the Law is used to cover your sins with the blood of Christ.

Romans 7:7 NAS
What shall we say then ? Is the Law sin ? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law ; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET."

Hebrews 9:22 NAS
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:21 pm »

You could prove the law has a flaw, only if you were able to obey every letter of the law and then not receive salvation. Which means you would have to live a sinless life as did Christ. Luckily for you and me, Christ has done this for us, otherwise the law would certainly condemn us to an everlasting death.

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 05:15:35 pm »
The law is perfect but we are not so, we need Christ's grace to be made perfect.