Author Topic: We have to find a new balance (Doctrine of Rome)  (Read 3658 times)

Moss

We have to find a new balance (Doctrine of Rome)
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »
Pope Says Church Should Stop Obsessing Over Gays, Abortion

Pope Francis said the Catholic Church shouldn’t be “obsessed” with preaching about abortion, gay marriage and contraception and should instead try to reach out to a broader congregation.

“It is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time,” Francis told the Catholic publication, La Civilta Cattolica. “We have to find a new balance; otherwise even the moral edifice of the Church is likely to fall like a house of cards, losing the freshness and fragrance of the Gospel.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-19/pope-says-church-should-stop-obsessing-over-gays-abortion.html

2 Timothy 4:3,4

Fat

Re: We have to find a new balance (Doctrine of Rome)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:46 pm »
A new balance to what? Are we talking about speaking the truth or making friends?  PC verses truth.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:41:51 pm »
Revelation 3:16 NAS
'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Moss

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 01:21:44 pm »
Phat, Law

One thing I find really amazing is the response I am seeing from the Catholic clergy, and parishioners on TV. They all seem to believe this is a great move by the church to include," the fringe elements".

Apparently they find that accepting those who do not believe the teachings of the holy Scriptures to be acceptable in the eyes of our Lord. They are becoming closer and closer to the woman we see in Revelation 17.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:25 am »
Pope Francis said the Catholic Church shouldn’t be “obsessed” with preaching about abortion, gay marriage and contraception and should instead try to reach out to a broader congregation.

Well I'm not a Catholic so I don't know, not being present at the sermons or mass, how obsessed the church is about preaching these things. But I can tell you this they have not done anything in action towards fighting these problems. And I point to the prominent Catholics in America that preach Pro abortion and pro-gay marriage continually and they are never chastised or removed from the church.

Do you want to name okay Nancy Pelosi.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 06:48:56 pm »

Well I'm not a Catholic so I don't know, not being present at the sermons or mass, how obsessed the church is about preaching these things. But I can tell you this they have not done anything in action towards fighting these problems. And I point to the prominent Catholics in America that preach Pro abortion and pro-gay marriage continually and they are never chastised or removed from the church.

Do you want to name okay Nancy Pelosi.

Me think the church of Roma must have read your post because shortly afterwards (Monday, 23 Sep 2013 ) they were ask to denied her communion.

However they did not.

Archbishop Donald Wuerl of Washington, D.C., said in May that he would not deny communion to Pelosi, stating that the church does not use communion as a "weapon."
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/vatican-deny-pelosi-communion/2013/09/23/id/527221

clark thompson

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 05:52:50 pm »
There is no balance it is sin or not.

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »
Balance and harmony will never be achieved by the churches of Christendom while they all remain divided in their man-made doctines of the Trinity, immortality of the soul and hell.

In addition to this, it has just been announced by the bishops of Rome who now tolerate sodomite priests and covert paedophiles; that sodomy is a gift from God!

This single announcement confirms the status of the Catholic Church as the head of Babylon the Great, the World Empire of false Religion! (Revelation 17:5)

Alexander

clark thompson

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 04:55:55 pm »
If the pope had Godly things to say I do not think the Reformation would have ever needed to happen.

Moss

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »
Clark
You hit the nail on the head  :'(