Author Topic: Misused terms: Justification VS Sanctification  (Read 708 times)

Hal

Misused terms: Justification VS Sanctification
« on: September 28, 2013, 05:46:12 pm »
I see these two terms continuingly missed used and I am guilty of it myself.

Look at Justification as a pardon or having your fine pay for by someone else. The previously guilty sinner is pronounced free.

Sanctification is the act of being cleansed and transformation to becoming righteous before God. Becoming holy.

macuser

Re: Misused terms: Justification VS Sanctification
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:57:13 am »
Can you Add the word regeneration to that?

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:28 KJVA)

Hal

Re: Misused terms: Justification VS Sanctification
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 11:59:02 am »
I think this is the total process from repentance to resurrection. 

From Strong's numbers.

Definition

1. new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration
         1. hence renovation, regeneration, the production of a new life consecrated to God, a radical change of mind for the better. The word often used to denote the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as a renewal or restoration of life after death
         2. the renovation of the earth after the deluge
         3. the renewal of the world to take place after its destruction by fire, as the Stoics taught
         4. the signal and glorious change of all things (in heaven and earth) for the better, that restoration of the primal and perfect condition of things which existed before the fall of our first parents, which the Jews looked for in connection with the advent of the Messiah, and which Christians expected in connection with the visible return of Jesus from heaven.