Author Topic: The Son glorifies the Father  (Read 650 times)

biblebuf

The Son glorifies the Father
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »
Yet the Lord was pleased to crush Him, and He made Him sick. When You make Him a restitution offering, He will see [His] seed, He will prolong His days, and the will of the Lord will succeed by His hand.(Isa. 53:10 )
"Now My soul is troubled. What should I say-Father, save Me from this hour? But that is why I came to this hour. Father, glorify Your name!" Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again!" (John 12:27, 28 )"Father, if You are willing, take this cup away from Me-nevertheless, not My will, but Yours, be done." [ Then an angel from heaven appeared to Him,  strengthening Him.] (Luke 22:42, 43 )
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death-even to death on a cross.(Phil. 2:8 ) This is why the Father loves Me, because I am laying down My life so I may take it up again. (John 10:17 ) For I came down from heaven, not to do mine will, but the will of him that sent me. (John 6:38 ) At that, Jesus said to Peter, "Sheathe your sword! Am I not to drink the cup the Father has given Me?" (John 18:11 )
The One who sent Me is with Me. He has not left Me alone, because I always do what pleases Him." (John 8:29 ) My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, (Matt. 3:17 ) "This is My Servant; I strengthen Him, [this is] My Chosen One; I delight in Him. I have put My Spirit on Him; He will bring justice to the nations. (Isa. 42:1 )

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: The Son glorifies the Father
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:53:14 pm »
Thank you Lord for humbling Yourself and going through what You did so that I may be forgiven and receive the promise given by Your Father.