Author Topic: Eph 1:7-10  (Read 620 times)

clark thompson

Eph 1:7-10
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:42:46 am »
Ephesians 1:7-10

King James Version (KJV)

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 1:7-10

New King James Version (NKJV)

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

7 It is not by what we do but by what he did that we are saved. He died in our place so we can be with the Lord and be redeemed. He has forgiven us whether we accept it or not but, to receive the forgiveness we have to accept Him as the one who can give it, as Lord. His grace is what allows us to be in a place where we can talk with God and live a life for Him.

8 He is where we should seek for wisdom and the wise accept Him as Savior. As we grow in the Spirit we will grow in His wisdom.

9 The mystery if His will is His word which many will not accept. God’s will is all will come to Him by faith but it is up to us to Him as Lord. His will for believers is we continue to seek Him and continue to serve Him as Lord.

10 We as believers are remade in His image as we die to the flesh and live for Him instead of us.

Better to be a servant of theKing than to be a king in hell.

Hal

Re: Eph 1:7-10
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:04:42 pm »
John 6:37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day……44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 "It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me…………………65 And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father."

Damim

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:31:19 am »
I like these verses, The value of massage they hold, the comfort they give and the warmth one can just get from this scriptures always amaze me. For only the Father chooses us.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 07:56:38 am »
I like these verses, The value of massage they hold, the comfort they give and the warmth one can just get from this scriptures always amaze me. For only the Father chooses us.

They humble a person don't they.