Author Topic: Eph 1:11-14  (Read 603 times)

clark thompson

Eph 1:11-14
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:54:25 pm »

Ephesians 1:11-14

King James Version (KJV)

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:11-14

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 We are blessed thru Christ not only from hell and being given heaven but we will be rewarded for our obedience in serving Him. We are meant to follow His ways and serve Him and do as He has said, the church will do this. Everything that happens will work out with God’s will even if it is not God remember Joseph, how he was sold into slavery and thrown into prison and because of it he saved Egypt and Israel.

12 We as believers should always give the Lord our praise; it is what man man was originally for. Our purpose as the church is to serve Him by sharing His word and by giving Him praise. Man was made for worship and churches is made for giving our devotion to the Lord and follows after Him also known as giving Him worship.

13 We give Him our trust by following Him. We trust Him by trusting His word. The gospel is something all believers in Him have accepts as true and it is what all true believers will agree upon. He loved and therefore died for us. He gave us the Spirit to guide His followers while He went to prepare our place with the Lord in heaven.

14 We will inherit along side Jesus because we share the same Spirit, the Spirit of the Lord, Jesus is the Spirit made into flesh, and we simply have the Spirit inside our flesh. We also share blood with other believers it is His blood and thru it we are saved and will be given rewards by Him, our inheritance.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Eph 1:11-14
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »
Brother Clark,
Just off hand I see that I would disagree with you on your vs 12 assessment.

NAS
 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.

HCS
so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory.

YLT
for our being to the praise of His glory, [even] those who did first hope in the Christ,

NIV
We were the first to put our hope in Christ. We were chosen to bring praise to his glory.

The way I read this, is that it is referring to the Jews. The Jews were the first to put their trust into the coming Messiah. Was it not the Jewish Apostles that claimed Christ to be the son of God.

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

The apostles trusted Christ because of personal observations and experiences they had with Him. The Jews had also believed in the coming of the Messiah from the time of Abraham.

I think verse is referring to the second group which is us Gentiles.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:19:24 am »
Looking at verses 13 & 14 in the NKJV, I think you can draw a conclusion that our inheritance is guaranteed making it irrevocable.

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:50:02 pm »
Brother Clark,
Just off hand I see that I would disagree with you on your vs 12 assessment.

The way I read this, is that it is referring to the Jews. The Jews were the first to put their trust into the coming Messiah. Was it not the Jewish Apostles that claimed Christ to be the son of God.

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

The apostles trusted Christ because of personal observations and experiences they had with Him. The Jews had also believed in the coming of the Messiah from the time of Abraham.

I think verse is referring to the second group which is us Gentiles.
It refers to anyone who accepts Jesus as Lord, wether they are Jewish conerts or Gentile born.