Author Topic: ATHEIST 'MEGA-CHURCHES' TAKE ROOT ACROSS US, WORLD  (Read 1497 times)

Moss

ATHEIST 'MEGA-CHURCHES' TAKE ROOT ACROSS US, WORLD
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Hundreds packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational sermon, a reading and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.

Dozens of gatherings dubbed "atheist mega-churches" by supporters and detractors are springing up around the U.S. after finding success in Great Britain earlier this year. The movement fueled by social media and spearheaded by two prominent British comedians is no joke.

On Sunday, the inaugural Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles attracted more than 400 attendees, all bound by their belief in non-belief. Similar gatherings in San Diego, Nashville, New York and other U.S. cities have drawn hundreds of atheists seeking the camaraderie of a congregation without religion or ritual.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ATHEIST_MEGACHURCH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-11-10-17-03-15

Fat

Re: ATHEIST 'MEGA-CHURCHES' TAKE ROOT ACROSS US, WORLD
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:26:59 am »
I don't understand it, if all they want is to gather and party, why don't they just meet at the beach?

Are they trying to worship unbelief, absence of faith or is this a hate group meeting?

Moss

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:38 am »
Most likely they feel the general calling and are scared of the feeling they have. Think about it, they know in their heart there is a God yet they know in their earthly mind they can't prove it. They gathered together for support and attempt to convince each other that they are right. There is no other logical reason for this phenomenon.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:53:03 am »
Most likely they feel the general calling and are scared of the feeling they have. Think about it, they know in their heart there is a God yet they know in their earthly mind they can't prove it. They gathered together for support and attempt to convince each other that they are right. There is no other logical reason for this phenomenon.

Interesting theory brother.

It never has made sense to me as to why these people fight christians at every turn. Why would christians give them any concern at all? Christians run food banks and help out in disasters and do no harm to society, only good. Only real complain I can get from them is that they don't want to have to hear about God. Well I don't want to hear about the lifestyle of the immoral left. I don't want immorality and revisionist history taught in our schools.
I will, however continue to pray for atheist and try my best to love them.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:55:41 pm »
It's a mystery, defies logic.

clark thompson

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:21 pm »
Atheist have always been the craziest bunch of people and they can cause trouble when they come together and become a treat to Christianity.