Author Topic: Christmas theme  (Read 2189 times)

Hal

Christmas theme
« on: December 14, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »
I like you Christmas theme but runs a little slower when I am using the iPhone .
I can live with it and TNX.

biblebuf

Re: Christmas theme
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 05:35:27 pm »
You can't mouse over the verses in this theme. But like Hal said, I can live with it.

Bob

Re: Christmas theme. (SANTA ??)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:11:07 am »
I know most ove you are chopping at the bit, wanting to tell me that Santa (Saint Nicholas) secular and should not be on a Christian board, but you are holding back...... Let lose and debate it.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 11:28:38 am »
I know most ove you are chopping at the bit, wanting to tell me that Santa ) secular and should not be on a Christian board, but you are holding back...... Let lose and debate it.

The secular community has deemed Santa Claus as secular, until lately. As you pointed out he is Saint Nicholas not Santa Claus.  So who is or was Saint Nicholas? What is unchristian about Saint Nicholas? Is there a lesson for us and our kids that we can learn from this man?

The three (really 40) wise men did not come to the manger but we have that on our Christian Christmas cards, is that a sin oh ye hypocrite ?

Frank T

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 02:10:48 pm »
The secular community has deemed Santa Claus as secular, until lately. As you pointed out he is Saint Nicholas not Santa Claus.  So who is or was Saint Nicholas? What is unchristian about Saint Nicholas? Is there a lesson for us and our kids that we can learn from this man?

The three (really 40) wise men did not come to the manger but we have that on our Christian Christmas cards, is that a sin oh ye hypocrite ?

But it is about what we have made of the symbol of Santa. He has become the reason for the season.

Just ask yourself why do the unbelievers not take offense to him as they do to Christ.

Santa is commercial and the Nativity scene is not.

Fat

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »
But it is about what we have made of the symbol of Santa. He has become the reason for the season.

Just ask yourself why do the unbelievers not take offense to him as they do to Christ.

Santa is commercial and the Nativity scene is not.
Hi Frank

I disagree with you about the Nativity scene being commercial, I believe that's exactly what it has become.

Fat

Re: Christmas theme (pagan)
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 06:57:42 pm »
I remember we had this debate about Christmas trees, they were claimed to be pagan. When I look at a Christmas tree I see the tree were Christ hung and his gif of life was given out to all of us.
We find the word Easter in the King James version of the Bible only written once. The true translation would've used the word Passover and not Easter. Easter was a pagan celebration in England and somehow Satan managed to get that word into the King James version. This does not mean that anybody using word Easter is pagan or anti-Christian.

The truth of the matter is we know for fact the Christ is not born December 25. This was just a convenient time to celebrate our Lord's birth to coincide with the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah. And HAL was right the 30 to 40 wise men never did go to the manger scene. They do not see Christ until he was one year old (approximately).

JB Horn

Re: Christmas theme
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 10:34:13 am »
The early Christians used a fish as their logo not the cross.
Today you can find a cross on 70% of churches. The cross was taken down and Christ was removed from it and He was taken to the tomb. The tomb is now empty because Christ has arisen.

What represents our salvation more a sign of His crucifixion or His resurrection ?

An empty tomb is our hope, not an empty cross.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Christmas theme - hate santa?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 10:49:59 pm »
Just ignore Santa.  :D

biblebuf

Re: Christmas theme (pagan)
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 10:56:30 pm »
I remember we had this debate about Christmas trees, they were claimed to be pagan. When I look at a Christmas tree I see the tree were Christ hung and his gif of life was given out to all of us.
We find the word Easter in the King James version of the Bible only written once. The true translation would've used the word Passover and not Easter. Easter was a pagan celebration in England and somehow Satan managed to get that word into the King James version. This does not mean that anybody using word Easter is pagan or anti-Christian.

The truth of the matter is we know for fact the Christ is not born December 25. This was just a convenient time to celebrate our Lord's birth to coincide with the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah. And HAL was right the 30 to 40 wise men never did go to the manger scene. They do not see Christ until he was one year old (approximately).

I believe it is important to celebrate the day that God stepped down and took the role of a servant to all His chosen. The exact date is not important.