Author Topic: The throne of David.  (Read 1496 times)

Zant Law

• ZLaw
The throne of David.
« on: December 21, 2013, 02:43:41 pm »
The throne of David.

Does it exist today and where is it? Psalms 89:4, 29, 36 states that it does exist today so where is it?

First of all I would like to say when you are speaking of a throne is not a chair, it is the seat of power. Presently a number of people claim the throne of David most of them are Gentiles having no authority over God's chosen nation. So where is the throne of David? Does anybody that claims to be a descendent of David presently also claim his throne?

I am saying the answer is here given to us in Scripture by the Son of David.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18 NASB)

JB Horn

Re: The throne of David.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 11:34:52 pm »
Many groups of organized religion claimed to be the remnant church. Usually along with this they will say unless you belong to their church you cannot be saved.

Others will tell you that since Christ now holds the throne of David and at the same time is the head of the church, the church now replaces Israel.

People have a knack for taking the obvious and trying to make it complicated, twisting the obvious until it fits there desired scenario.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:15:19 am »
The throne of David.

Does it exist today and where is it? Psalms 89:4, 29, 36 states that it does exist today so where is it?

First of all I would like to say when you are speaking of a throne is not a chair, it is the seat of power. Presently a number of people claim the throne of David most of them are Gentiles having no authority over God's chosen nation. So where is the throne of David? Does anybody that claims to be a descendent of David presently also claim his throne?

I am saying the answer is here given to us in Scripture by the Son of David.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18 NASB)

The answer is here.

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; Luke 1:32

clark thompson

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:54 am »
The throne of David is a kingship of Israel, which does not exist physically but Spirtually being the church, there will a time when Jesus returns and sets up a physical reign and throne of David.