Author Topic: The Soul and the Spirit  (Read 14513 times)

Fat

Re: The Soul and the Spirit
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »
You say that your salvation is is secure, secure from what?

I was kind of hoping that you would answer this, but if you want to turn it around as a question let me give you some verses.

First is everyones favorite verses that make a promise given to us by Christ, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
 Next is the words of Paul, Ephesians 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation -having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

So do you believe Alex? Are you secure in your salvation? Or maybe you think Christ and Paul lied.

So you see, salvation for the rest of us is still not assured; this is confirmed in Revelation where we read that at the establishment of this anointed 'little flock' who are of the 'first' resurrection:

“…And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the end of the thousand years.” [This is the second resurrection (Acts 24:15)] (Revelation 20:4, 5) NMTCS

This is not at all what these verses represent and how you came to draws conclusion is only something that you and the Watchtower could ever dream up.

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:41 pm »
Hello FAT,

Unfortunately you seem to be missing the point completely when it comes to Salvation, but never mind; so do most others. Christ and Paul certainly did not lie, you are simply failing to discern what is being said: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

You are reading into this that belief in Christ is the simple answer to salvation. If this was so, then you have just condemned every individual who died before Christ came and every individual who has lived since and never even heard of him.

The point this scripture is making is that while the statement is correct, you have failed to determine the time period in which it applies and the two separate groups of which it also individually applies. If you had taken the Oxford Theocratic Course with me in 1960 you would already have the answers to this and more.

I have already mention how God so loved the human race that because it was the iniquity of Satan which caused Adam and Eve to transgress that he provided a Liberator Christ Jesus to accomplish the reversal of this unfortunate incident in Eden; but only at the appointed time.

So far only the anointed 'little flock' have received their salvation due to the fact that they are of the 'first' resurrection. Because you are tainted with the beliefs of Christendom you have formed the opinion that salvation is accomplished simply by believing in Christ.

Well there will be those who have perhaps done this and yet still fall for Satan's deceptions at the end of the Sabbath Millennium, while there will be others who have refused now, yet will accept him also during the Millennial period and so gain everlasting life. So while belief in him now is commendable, it will only be those who maintain that belief on the 'last' day who will receive salvation. (Revelation 20:7-10)

Now let me clarify something here, I am nothing to do with the JWs, me teaching comes solely from the Oxford Theocratic Course under the late Professor Rupert Waverley B.Th. Litt.D. of Oriel College, Oxford. I had only just left the Army a year before and knew nothing about JWs nor Mormons nor any other movements.

This was a Non-denominational Course which taught only the Bible free from Christendoms man-made doctrines. Later i was surprised to find in 1985 that the Millennial Dawnists under Charles Taze Russell taught
the same as the scriptures. The watchtower Society on the other hand does not teach the 'second chance', or that Adam will get a resurrection like the rest of us, even their identification of the 'other sheep' of John 10:16 is flawed!

This Course has ow been discontinued due to the Pope and others declaring that 'all' faiths are correct, also I have just received a bulletin informing me that the priests of the Trinitarian Catholic Church under the Pope; have just declared that Sodomy is a 'gift' from God! Thereby confirming Jesus' words "As it was in the days of Sodom!"

Now as for drawing conclusions regarding the scriptures regarding the scriptures in Revelation, again this has nothing to do with The Watchtower Society; we learnt this back in 1960 and the scripture I quoted has already been examined and corrected since by the translators of other Bibles:

Corrected Scripture:
Revelation 20:4, 5 “…And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the end of the thousand years.” [This is the second resurrection (Acts 24:15)] NMTCS
Revelation 20:4, 5 “…They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)” NLT
Revelation 20:4, 5 …They had come to life again and now they reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the First Resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.) TLB

So you see, not my words, but the scriptures themselves bear witness.

Now we come to the favorite one 'hell' which is indeed and English word but which has still been used to blanket words which do not signify what the word 'hell' is said to portray. You do not have to take my word for it, research shows that these original words in their root origin have nothing in common with the word 'hell'!

e.g.
(1)   HELL  : (Hebrew - Sheol) The unseen state [grave]
(2)   HELL  : (Greek - Hades)  The unseen world [grave]
(3)   HELL : (Hebrew)  Gehenna (Heb) (Valley of Hinnom) [Second Death]
(4)   HELL : (Greek) Tartarus (To cast down) [Angelic Incarceration]

N.B.
(1)   Catholic: Hell, Hebrew: Sheol,    English Translation: Grave (Psalm 16:10) and more.
(2)   Catholic: Hell, Greek:    Hades,      English Translation: Grave (Acts 2:27) and more.
(3)   Catholic: Hell, Hebrew: Gehenna, English Translation: Second death (Matthew 23:33)
(4)   Catholic: Hell, Greek:   Tartarus   English Translation: Angelic Incarceration (2 Peter 2:4)
                                              Young's Analytical Concordance for the Holy Bible 1961 - 30th Reprinted Editon

So there we have it, Christendom in its Creed states that at his death; Jesus descended into hell [grave] and on the third day he ascended into heaven. If however, ‘hell’ is a place where only the evil an unrighteous go; then you have a big problem!

Unfortunately your reasoning on John 1:1 is also flawed. Translators around the world have checked back to the 'root' original words on this and here are a few giving the correct translation:

•   1808 “and the Word was a god” - Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in An Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text , London.
•   1864 “the LOGOS was God, This was in the Beginning with God” A New Emphatic Version (right hand column)
•   1864 “and a god was the Word” (left hand column interlinear reading) The Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London.
•   1867 “In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God” - The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible.
•   1978 “and godlike sort was the Logos” - Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Johannes Schneider, Berlin.
•   1822 "and the Word was a god." - The New Testament in Greek and English (A. Kneeland, 1822.);
•   1863 "and the Word was a god." - A Literal Translation Of The New Testament (Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of Frederick Parker], 1863);
•   1885 "and the Word was a god." - Concise Commentary On The Holy Bible (R. Young, 1885);
•   1879 "and the Word was a god." - Das Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker, 1979);
•   1911 "and the Word was a god." - The Coptic Version of the N.T. (G. W. Horner, 1911);
•   1958 "and the Word was a god." - The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Anointed" (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);
•   1829 "and the Word was a god." - The Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists (J. S. Thompson, 1829);
•   1975 "and the Word was a god." - Das Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz, 1975);
•   1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word" Das Evangelium nach Johnnes, by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen, Germany
                                                   Excerpt from - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have also checked the word for word Greek interlinear on this and it reads:

"In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."

The fact that a capital Theta is used for the first word 'God' and a standard Theta for the second word 'god' confirms the presence of two God's of unequal standing, just as Jesus himself acknowledged.

You seem to have an obsession for the JWs, however, I have examined their Bible thoroughly and it cheks-out with both Concordance and Interlinear; while your NAS does not!

Also, you research is lacking with regard to the word 'cross' which is found nowhere in the original Greek which actually uses the Greek word 'staurus' [stake]. It was when the Catholic Church decided to put it into Latin that they discovered that there is no equivalent word in Latin for 'stake' so they inserted the word 'crux-simplex' which means a cross without a cross-bar.

When the Emperor Constantine Magnus legalized Christianity to help him win his battles against his opponents, he used the sign of the Chi-Rho X which is far from the sign they use today. The original Christians used the sign of the fish to identify themselves, with a significant word for each letter which meant Jesus Christ Saviour, Son of God. The sign they use today is Pagan.

It seems to me that you have a lot to learn yet regarding the  understanding of scripture, The JWs have not re-written the Bible in favour of anything, as for separating God from Jesus, there has never been anything different. If Jesus was Almighty God incarnate as the Trinitarians state; then at his death at Golgotha Satan would have taken over straightaway and we would not now be having this conversation.

The Christian world is trying hard to cover up the correct wordings of this verse. As it is the only verse in the Bible which came closest to the concept of Trinity, 1John 5:7 (“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one”), has been detected as a fabrication and a corruption in the Bible by biblical scholars and kept out of the later versions of the Bible. This verse in truth also does not support Jesus’ divinity. So what we find is that as more investigations are made into the Greek texts of the Bible, Jesus is seen to be losing the “divinity factor”. However it is up to the Christian brothers and sisters to realize the games that the Churches are playing with them.

I notice that you completely misunderstand the point of how both Almighty God and Jesus can each be referred to as Saviour, yet the answer is simple, Jehovah is the provider of salvation for all mankind and Jesus is the instrument of that salvation; in this way both is a Saviour.

"God has brought to Israel a saviour Jesus." Yes, this is quite correct, and if you understood the reason for this wording you would not be querying it. When Jesus arrived as the Messiah, he had to keep the Covenant with Israel for one week of years [29 CE to 36 CE]

This is why all the men that Jesus chose, were Jews, no Gentile was given the 'word' until the end of that week of years in 36 CE when the word went out to them and the centurion Cornelius was baptized.

So you see, unless read with understanding; you will get it wrong every time.

Alexander

Fat

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 07:58:43 pm »
Quote from: Alex
So far only the anointed 'little flock' have received their salvation due to the fact that they are of the 'first' resurrection. Because you are tainted with the beliefs of Christendom you have formed the opinion that salvation is accomplished simply by believing in Christ.

Get it right Alex, Christ taught repentance. Belief is more than just acknowledging His existence. You can find Christ in the Quran but not salvation.

Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'
John 14:15 "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 07:19:00 am »
Hello FAT,

Unfortunately you seem to be missing the point completely when it comes to Salvation, but never mind; so do most others. Christ and Paul certainly did not lie, you are simply failing to discern what is being said: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

You are reading into this that belief in Christ is the simple answer to salvation. If this was so, then you have just condemned every individual who died before Christ came and every individual who has lived since and never even heard of him.

The point this scripture is making is that while the statement is correct, you have failed to determine the time period in which it applies and the two separate groups of which it also individually applies. If you had taken the Oxford Theocratic Course with me in 1960 you would already have the answers to this and more.

I have already mention how God so loved the human race that because it was the iniquity of Satan which caused Adam and Eve to transgress that he provided a Liberator Christ Jesus to accomplish the reversal of this unfortunate incident in Eden; but only at the appointed time.

Well there will be those who have perhaps done this and yet still fall for Satan's deceptions at the end of the Sabbath Millennium, while there will be others who have refused now, yet will accept him also during the Millennial period and so gain everlasting life. So while belief in him now is commendable, it will only be those who maintain that belief on the 'last' day who will receive salvation. (Revelation 20:7-10)

Now let me clarify something here, I am nothing to do with the JWs, me teaching comes solely from the Oxford Theocratic Course under the late Professor Rupert Waverley B.Th. Litt.D. of Oriel College, Oxford. I had only just left the Army a year before and knew nothing about JWs nor Mormons nor any other movements.

This was a Non-denominational Course which taught only the Bible free from Christendoms man-made doctrines. Later i was surprised to find in 1985 that the Millennial Dawnists under Charles Taze Russell taught
the same as the scriptures. The watchtower Society on the other hand does not teach the 'second chance', or that Adam will get a resurrection like the rest of us, even their identification of the 'other sheep' of John 10:16 is flawed!

This Course has ow been discontinued due to the Pope and others declaring that 'all' faiths are correct, also I have just received a bulletin informing me that the priests of the Trinitarian Catholic Church under the Pope; have just declared that Sodomy is a 'gift' from God! Thereby confirming Jesus' words "As it was in the days of Sodom!"

Now as for drawing conclusions regarding the scriptures regarding the scriptures in Revelation, again this has nothing to do with The Watchtower Society; we learnt this back in 1960 and the scripture I quoted has already been examined and corrected since by the translators of other Bibles:

Corrected Scripture:
Revelation 20:4, 5 “…And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the end of the thousand years.” [This is the second resurrection (Acts 24:15)] NMTCS
Revelation 20:4, 5 “…They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)” NLT
Revelation 20:4, 5 …They had come to life again and now they reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 This is the First Resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.) TLB

So you see, not my words, but the scriptures themselves bear witness.

Now we come to the favorite one 'hell' which is indeed and English word but which has still been used to blanket words which do not signify what the word 'hell' is said to portray. You do not have to take my word for it, research shows that these original words in their root origin have nothing in common with the word 'hell'!

e.g.
(1)   HELL  : (Hebrew - Sheol) The unseen state [grave]
(2)   HELL  : (Greek - Hades)  The unseen world [grave]
(3)   HELL : (Hebrew)  Gehenna (Heb) (Valley of Hinnom) [Second Death]
(4)   HELL : (Greek) Tartarus (To cast down) [Angelic Incarceration]

N.B.
(1)   Catholic: Hell, Hebrew: Sheol,    English Translation: Grave (Psalm 16:10) and more.
(2)   Catholic: Hell, Greek:    Hades,      English Translation: Grave (Acts 2:27) and more.
(3)   Catholic: Hell, Hebrew: Gehenna, English Translation: Second death (Matthew 23:33)
(4)   Catholic: Hell, Greek:   Tartarus   English Translation: Angelic Incarceration (2 Peter 2:4)
                                              Young's Analytical Concordance for the Holy Bible 1961 - 30th Reprinted Editon

So there we have it, Christendom in its Creed states that at his death; Jesus descended into hell [grave] and on the third day he ascended into heaven. If however, ‘hell’ is a place where only the evil an unrighteous go; then you have a big problem!

Unfortunately your reasoning on John 1:1 is also flawed. Translators around the world have checked back to the 'root' original words on this and here are a few giving the correct translation:

•   1808 “and the Word was a god” - Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in An Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text , London.
•   1864 “the LOGOS was God, This was in the Beginning with God” A New Emphatic Version (right hand column)
•   1864 “and a god was the Word” (left hand column interlinear reading) The Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London.
•   1867 “In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God” - The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible.
•   1978 “and godlike sort was the Logos” - Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Johannes Schneider, Berlin.
•   1822 "and the Word was a god." - The New Testament in Greek and English (A. Kneeland, 1822.);
•   1863 "and the Word was a god." - A Literal Translation Of The New Testament (Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of Frederick Parker], 1863);
•   1885 "and the Word was a god." - Concise Commentary On The Holy Bible (R. Young, 1885);
•   1879 "and the Word was a god." - Das Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker, 1979);
•   1911 "and the Word was a god." - The Coptic Version of the N.T. (G. W. Horner, 1911);
•   1958 "and the Word was a god." - The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Anointed" (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);
•   1829 "and the Word was a god." - The Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists (J. S. Thompson, 1829);
•   1975 "and the Word was a god." - Das Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz, 1975);
•   1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word" Das Evangelium nach Johnnes, by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen, Germany
                                                   Excerpt from - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have also checked the word for word Greek interlinear on this and it reads:

"In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."

The fact that a capital Theta is used for the first word 'God' and a standard Theta for the second word 'god' confirms the presence of two God's of unequal standing, just as Jesus himself acknowledged.

You seem to have an obsession for the JWs, however, I have examined their Bible thoroughly and it cheks-out with both Concordance and Interlinear; while your NAS does not!

Also, you research is lacking with regard to the word 'cross' which is found nowhere in the original Greek which actually uses the Greek word 'staurus' [stake]. It was when the Catholic Church decided to put it into Latin that they discovered that there is no equivalent word in Latin for 'stake' so they inserted the word 'crux-simplex' which means a cross without a cross-bar.

When the Emperor Constantine Magnus legalized Christianity to help him win his battles against his opponents, he used the sign of the Chi-Rho X which is far from the sign they use today. The original Christians used the sign of the fish to identify themselves, with a significant word for each letter which meant Jesus Christ Saviour, Son of God. The sign they use today is Pagan.

It seems to me that you have a lot to learn yet regarding the  understanding of scripture, The JWs have not re-written the Bible in favour of anything, as for separating God from Jesus, there has never been anything different. If Jesus was Almighty God incarnate as the Trinitarians state; then at his death at Golgotha Satan would have taken over straightaway and we would not now be having this conversation.

The Christian world is trying hard to cover up the correct wordings of this verse. As it is the only verse in the Bible which came closest to the concept of Trinity, 1John 5:7 (“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one”), has been detected as a fabrication and a corruption in the Bible by biblical scholars and kept out of the later versions of the Bible. This verse in truth also does not support Jesus’ divinity. So what we find is that as more investigations are made into the Greek texts of the Bible, Jesus is seen to be losing the “divinity factor”. However it is up to the Christian brothers and sisters to realize the games that the Churches are playing with them.

I notice that you completely misunderstand the point of how both Almighty God and Jesus can each be referred to as Saviour, yet the answer is simple, Jehovah is the provider of salvation for all mankind and Jesus is the instrument of that salvation; in this way both is a Saviour.

"God has brought to Israel a saviour Jesus." Yes, this is quite correct, and if you understood the reason for this wording you would not be querying it. When Jesus arrived as the Messiah, he had to keep the Covenant with Israel for one week of years [29 CE to 36 CE]

This is why all the men that Jesus chose, were Jews, no Gentile was given the 'word' until the end of that week of years in 36 CE when the word went out to them and the centurion Cornelius was baptized.

So you see, unless read with understanding; you will get it wrong every time.

Alexander

Sorry to interrupt here but you never answered Phat's question about your teaching of two saviors. JW or not your translation is a mistranslation and teaches two saviors and two gods.

Food for thought:
12 For as the body is one and has many parts, and all the parts of that body, though many, are one body-so also is Christ.13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free-and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.14 So the body is not one part but many.15 If the foot should say, "Because I'm not a hand, I don't belong to the body," in spite of this it still belongs to the body.16 And if the ear should say, "Because I'm not an eye, I don't belong to the body," in spite of this it still belongs to the body.17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were an ear, where would be the sense of smell?18 But now God has placed the parts, each one of them, in the body just as He wanted.19 And if they were all the same part, where would the body be?20 Now there are many parts, yet one body. 21 So the eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" nor again the head to the feet, "I don't need you!"22 On the contrary, all the more, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are necessary.23 And those parts of the body that we think to be less honorable, we clothe these with greater honor, and our unpresentable parts have a better presentation.24 But our presentable parts have no need [of clothing]. Instead, God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the less honorable,25 so that there would be no division in the body, but that the members would have the same concern for each other.26 So if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it. 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and individual members of it.28 And God has placed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, next, miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, managing, various kinds of languages. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all do miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in languages? Do all interpret? 31 But desire the greater gifts. And I will show you an even better way.

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:33 pm »
Hello Fat,

Thank you again for your comments. Actually it was John the Baptist who taught repentance because the kingdom of the heavens had drawn near in the person of Christ Jesus. Jesus on the other hand taught the "Good News of the Kingdom" which is actually the kingdom good news of the 'second chance' of gaining everlasting life on the earth for all mankind by way of the corresponding ransom of Christ Jesus.

Alexander

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 05:38:10 pm »
Hello Zant Law,

thank you for your comment, actually if you read my words carefully: I have stated in line with the scriptures that Almighty God is the provider of salvation through Christ Jesus who is the instrument of that salvation. This is why Jesus stated "I am the way." Showing that only through him will salvation eventually be achieved, but not until the end of the Sabbath Millennium.

It is only the churches of Christendom with their faith of fear, who try to frighten people into thinking that if they do not comply now; they will lose out!

Alexander

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 05:41:51 pm »
Hello Zant Law,

thank you for your comment, actually if you read my words carefully: I have stated in line with the scriptures that Almighty God is the provider of salvation through Christ Jesus who is the instrument of that salvation. This is why Jesus stated "I am the way." Showing that only through him will salvation eventually be achieved, but not until the end of the Sabbath Millennium.

It is only the churches of Christendom with their faith of fear, who try to frighten people into thinking that if they do not comply now; they will lose out!

Alexander

That was not an answer to the question put to you.

Fat

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »
Hello Fat,

Thank you again for your comments. Actually it was John the Baptist who taught repentance because the kingdom of the heavens had drawn near in the person of Christ Jesus. Jesus on the other hand taught the "Good News of the Kingdom" which is actually the kingdom good news of the 'second chance' of gaining everlasting life on the earth for all mankind by way of the corresponding ransom of Christ Jesus.

Alexander

Come on Alex this is basic. Are you just here to be controversial?

luke 5:32 "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."

luke 24:44 Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Luke 15:7 "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Acts 11:18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »
Actually it was John the Baptist who taught repentance because the kingdom of the heavens had drawn near in the person of Christ Jesus.

Say What???

Matthew 4:17 NAS
From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 11:20 NAS
[The Unrepenting Cities] Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.

Mark 1:14 NAS
Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel." "

Mark 6:12 NAS
They went out and preached that men should repent.

Luke 13:3 NAS
"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Luke 13:5 NAS
"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »
Hello Zant Law,

Actually that is the correct answer; Almighty God is the provider of salvation while Christ Jesus is the instrument of salvation. This is precisely what the bible teaches.

Alexander

Alexander Winslow

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »
Yes, very good scriptures Fat,

But it still does not change the fact that no one will ever receive salvation this side of the Sabbath Millennium.

That is only a teaching of Christendom. Jesus by his words was at the time in the process of choosing his anointed who from this stand-point, like the Apostles, had already repented in their hearts and this was counted as righteousness due to the fact that unlike the rest of mankind; when they died like Christ they would eventually be raised up like Christ as immortal spirit creatures and therefore repentance for acceptance was required. Remember, Jesus while on earth was calling only those from the natural nation of Israel; the Gentile nations did not come into it until 36 CE with the baptism of the centurion Cornelius by the Apostle Peter.

Even now, you can repent all you want, but unless you stand firm against Satan at the end of the Sabbath Millennium; you will like those, suffer the 'second death'! (Revelation 21:8)

No I am not trying to be obstructive, I am simply speaking scripture with understanding.

It is the same with Jesus' parables, many listened and then when he had finished; went away believing that they had understood. Jesus' Apostles however, approached him and asked: "Master, what exactly did you mean by this?"

Even today in the churches, many including the clergy believe that they understand these parables but some would get quite a shock if they were explained to them.

Alexander

Zant Law

• ZLaw
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »
Hello Zant Law,

Actually that is the correct answer; Almighty God is the provider of salvation while Christ Jesus is the instrument of salvation. This is precisely what the bible teaches.

Alexander

Apparently you don't want to answer the question Alex, thank you anyway you have a good day.

Fat

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 07:56:24 pm »
Quote from: Alexander Winslow
Yes, very good scriptures Fat,

Does that 'yes' mean that you believe the Christ did preach repentance?

I'm sorry Alex, but it appears to me you're running from the bible .

Bob

Concerning Mr. Alexander Winslow
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 12:19:07 am »
He's got some real great ideas.

God was the builder of the Great Pyramid.
The whole of the human race before the Noachian Deluge was of one language and colour - red. The first man’s name Adam, described both his colour and make up. This also explains why copper-red or amber hair was always considered sacred by the ancient Hebrews.
The conclusion then is that the originator of the Great Pyramid is non-other than the originator of the human race, the Creator himself!

The Biblical evidence for this is found at Hosea 12:9 which states: “I am Jehovah, the God of Egypt.”

Check out his UFO page.
As the interview continued, it was further revealed that these evil, demonic forces are already working to bring about the Antichrist to power on Earth. It was also revealed that this former NASA scientist was of an atheistic or agnostic Jewish background, who never held any stock in religion until presented with the secret documents about UFOs. Those papers made a believer out of an atheist. Also, these documents correlate substantially to other indicators that also point to the UFO phenomenon as being angelic/demonic and Biblical in nature.”

macuser

Re: Concerning Mr. Alexander Winslow
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 10:15:45 am »
He's got some real great ideas.

God was the builder of the Great Pyramid.
Check out his UFO page.

They all end up here on this forum, WHY?

Most of them, I said most not all, have one thing in common, they don't believe in the Trinity.