Author Topic: Are We Being Forced To Lose Weight?  (Read 1040 times)

OlympicClimb12

Are We Being Forced To Lose Weight?
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:44:48 am »
I am posting this article because I think there is too much government interference making people lose weight.
Please don't buy into this that they are making it look like they are doing us a favor.
Please read this article and tell me what you think.

Eat better without Big Brother: Column

Every year, countless Americans kick off the New Year with a resolution to battle a burdensome bulge. By the end of January, many start to come up short. Now there's encouraging news that you don't have to fight alone — nor does Big Brother need to step in to regulate food manufacturers to combat calories. More than a dozen of the country's top food companies are voluntarily enlisting in the war to help Americans lose weight.

A new report reveals the driver of this shift toward healthier eating is Michelle Obama's campaign to raise awareness about the nation's obesity problem — particularly childhood obesity.

Through the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, Obama partnered with food companies to sell fewer calories by reducing package sizes or producing lower calorie foods. According to a study done by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, it's working. Those companies sold 6.4 trillion fewer calories last year.

Given the current population, and assuming that the Natural Resources Defense Council is correct that up to 40% of food produced is actually wasted, that means each American should weigh almost 3.5 pounds less each year if food companies continue to sell fewer calories at the same pace.

read more here... ww.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/01/23/new-year-resolutions-weight-loss-health-fitness-column/4806581/

Fat

Re: Are We Being Forced To Lose Weight?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »
It appears to me that you would get the same results if you just raised the prices. Whatever the case, it sounds like Obama just wants to make the junk food people more profits.

OlympicClimb12

Re: Are We Being Forced To Lose Weight?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:16:23 pm »
Well Fat not only that but also there is much changing with the ingredients that is being put in the foods.
Yet, many of these packages don't mention the changes that are taking place.

For example Capri Sun Drinks have taken out a lot of their sugars as grape juice.
Some cereals don't taste the same anymore.
1000 Island dressing seems to have a new dressing. Most of these changes are making the foods taste horrible.
I'm not making any of these things up.

My girlfriend has stood right next to me to see for herself these changes that have taken place.
Now she has just recently seen that Jack's pizza has changed and now won't have it anymore.

Did you hear about the book My Father's dream? Look into it. Obama is looking into making
America a 3rd world country. I think the quality we see in the food shows that it is going that way.  :o