Author Topic: My Candy  (Read 624 times)

MrGroceries

My Candy
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:41:29 am »
I was walking down the street carrying a bag, having in it 5 pieces of my favorite candies, each one different. Suddenly I realized Jesus was walking next to me. He started talking to me about what I had in the bag.  And so I told Him (as if He didn't already know!!!) He tells me that candy is bad for me and that I should give it up. He explains why and I admitted that He was right.

“But I like my candy and don’t want to give it up”, I said.

While I was thinking about this He asked me if I loved Him; and of course I respond with a big “YES”. Then He said “How much do you love Me?” and I say to Him “a lot”.

Well, I start thinking about this. While I’m thinking He says “can I have one of your pieces of candy”. I grumbled a bit but then I agreed to give Him a piece.  So, I opened up my bag and looked in it to see which piece I was willing to part with – which would be the one I liked least. I realized I liked them all and didn’t want to part with any of them but since Jesus wanted me to show Him how much I loved Him I decided to give Him the Baby Ruth bar.  But then He said He would rather have the Snickers bar and after some grumbling on my part I gave it to Him.

Well, I thought that would satisfy Him.  After all, I just showed Him how much I loved Him.

So, we walked for a bit and then He said “Do you love Me enough to give Me another piece of your candy?”  I shot Him a look and said “What!! – I just gave you a piece, and it was the one you wanted, and now you want another!!!”  Jesus calmly says that He did and again explains that candy is bad for you.

This went on until I was down to my last piece and I was determined to hold on to it – no matter what. There was no way I was going to give Jesus my last piece of candy. And as it turned out, Jesus didn't ask for it, He just said “take it easy” and then He disappeared.

Now I have one piece of candy left, my favorite; the best of the best.  Somehow, I am beginning to realize it isn't going to taste the same.  Somehow this guilty pleasure isn't going to be the same anymore. What a drag – that darn Jesus ruined one of my few pleasures.

I wished Jesus would have left me alone.  I was thinking I need some things in my life so I can “love myself” when I want too.

Now, what I wanted to do was to run back to the candy store and load up with 20 pieces, which is what I did. But on the way home out of the corner of my eye I saw Jesus across the street with a “look” on His face and immediately I felt guilty so I threw some of it in the garbage can; but not all of it.

I was determined to enjoy at least some of the candy so I immediately begin stuffing my face with a Baby Ruth bar. I couldn't wait to woof it down and stuff my face with something else.  I held the guilt at bay as long as I could but it was no use – the candy wasn't the same anymore –I just couldn't enjoy it the way I once did.  And then I realized how much I loved my sin.

OlympicClimb12

Re: My Candy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »
Hey Charles good example about Candy. This reminds me of the Bell ringers outside of the store Christmas time.. People will walk by giving out 25 cents to 1 dollar. . suddenly they think they have done something great. . these same people will walk out of the store with 200 dollars in gifts and still to do more shopping yet. . what a shame it is people can only put in 1 dollar to help the needy and five hundred or more for Presents.

I’m not saying people need to put all their money to the bell ringers. . but they should give at least five to ten dollars if they can afford to buy all these nice gifts. . Just like the candy how much are we willing to give to God?

It's easy to keep what we want. It's hard to give out what we want to keep. . If someone wanted something from you that you really did not need just give it to them.. This person could have given Jesus the whole bag of candy and could have gotten more. In this case I am not talking about sharing. But in this case I am talking about the things we have. . cause some people will hold on to things they don't even need anymore. Giving must be desired from the heart it's more than just money. Its also giving time as well.

Hey Charles thanks for showing up here. I kind of thought of all the people I asked you would be among one to accept the invitation. . I thought it would be nice to help around here because at worthy they have never ending supply of posters. . about my surgery this was one of the worst ones I have had. I got sick both before and after my surgery. The nurses in the pre op were being ok. The ones in Post op were not even letting me to have a cup of water.. I was told that a lot of these workers in post op were goofing off and not doing their job correctly.. they got me sitting up too quickly. I was not well when I got home. I barely got through a bowl of grapes. I was dizzy and could not stand for a long time. . Today my balance is better but the side of my head is kind of hurting. Within a week or so the pain should go away. Thanks for being concerned. . I hope to see you doing more posts around here.
Your friend RJ