Author Topic: The Important Question of the Year?  (Read 1223 times)

OlympicClimb12

The Important Question of the Year?
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:37:41 pm »
Well you ought to be anticipating about this question most asked by other people once a year.
No it's not about your birthday, Christmas is already passed, and Valentine's that's between
one person their honey  ;)

But now I have something more important to ask..
yes you got it..it's Superbowl time.

Let's hope you have all your peanuts, root beer and all your other snacks together. :D

So now I need to ask for Superbowl Sunday which team are you rooting for?
Are their any reasons you are going for this team or reasons that you are against the other team?

I will put my answer in when I hope that a couple of others answers first.

Fat

Re: The Important Question of the Year?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:14:18 pm »
I'm not from a legalized marijuana state , so I guess I have no vote in this measure.

OlympicClimb12

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 03:39:56 pm »
Fat why do you say that you're not picking any teams just because these 2 states have the marijuana law? If I am assuming correctly that is a judgmental call against Football players who have no power to legislate these states to be for or against this law.. We must put the blame where the blame is due. That is the state legislative branches that allowed this law to become a law.

Abraham pleaded to God before God sent the angels to Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham said to the Lord if you should find at least 100 people who are not of this sin will you spare these places? Abraham kept asking God to look after those not responsible in this place. . Obviously Lot and his family were the only ones who wanted to do moral and upright way of living.. No individual should be blamed for what others are doing.

The NFL football does advertise some of those beer companies many of us like myself do not like. . but every program on TV has sponsors some we like and some we don’t.

So personally let's not accuse the NFL for Drugs promotions since each player is not allowed to use steroids. They would not be allowed to be drinking during or near practice time. . I have a former Pastor from a Calvary church. Pastor Rogers a former Football coach who once used his Football analogy how Christians should participate in this life. . Basically it was about those on the side lines can not make any points. We need to be in the game to make a real difference. There are too many people making calls and not doing much on their own part.

I did not want to have to write up a Bible sermon just to ask what others who they wanted to win or lose in the Superbowl. . The Disciples did fishing together. What's wrong with having a sport in common? God wants us to be real. If we follow sports of any kind we confess what we do. Should I say I was not following these things.? God understands we have daily activities and interests along with our hard working Bible study efforts.

I am going for the Seattle Seahawks. Since last years I was hoping they were going to make it to the Super Bowl. The 49ers had wiped out their dream last year. Because the 49ers advanced in the first spot.. The Seahawks just were not ready. I also chose the Bengals as an AFC rival this year. Well I was wrong about that one..

Pretty much because the Seahawks have only been to one bowl and lost I am hoping for them. But did you know there are Christians on Seattle that proclaim the word of the Lord?

Here let me share with you this. See now that football does not need to take away any of our Faith in God.

Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson, Players Agree With Assistant Coach: 'Jesus Is Better Than Super Bowl'

Jesus Christ is better than anything, including the Super Bowl, said an assistant coach for the Seattle Seahawks during a recent videotaped interview with Mars Hill Church Pastor Mark Driscoll, as four of the team's players, including quarterback sensation Russell Wilson, appeared to nod in agreement.

"Literally, Jesus is the greatest treasure in the universe," said Rocky Seto, who is on the Seahawks coaching staff. "It just makes sense. It's not like you give up your life and then you get something worse. He gave us everything. We had nothing, He gave us everything, so literally it's just one plus one equals two, it's that simple. Jesus is better than anything… even better than the Super Bowl, better than an NFL career, any of that."

In a video (see below) released Friday on the Resurgence website, a resource network for Christian leaders, Driscoll said that the Seahawks, who will be playing the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday for a chance to be in the Super Bowl, are the "greatest team on earth."

Seto, as well as three of the players, gave their answers to Driscoll's question, "Who is Jesus?"

"Who knows what's going to happen, but if we were ever to win the Super Bowl… [we will] tell everyone that Jesus is still better," said Seto, while the other players appeared to nod in agreement. "Because as much as we worship this thing called 'the ring' in a championship, although we would like to have one for sure, I just can't wait to tell people, if that happens, God willing, we'll be able to tell people Jesus is way better still because you are going to wake up the next day, [and] things are going to be the same if you don't have Jesus.

"If you have Jesus it's still going to be awesome, win or lose," the Seahawks' defensive passing game coordinator said.

"Jesus is love," starting quarterback Russell Wilson explained. "At the end of the day, we are all looking for someone to comfort us, somebody to be there for us at all times. When we are at the worst times of our lives, when we are battling with something, or struggles, whatever it may be, when we are at our highest point as well, when things are going really well, we want somebody to comfort us and be there for us and to say, 'Well done.' That's Jesus. Jesus has always been there. He'll never leave you, never forsake you."

Offensive tackle Russell Okung began his answer to Driscoll's question by saying, "Jesus is everything."

Okung continued, "And the great thing about Jesus is He'll meet you right where you're at. It's free. You don't have to earn it. You don't have to work for it. He gives it because he loves us and He is full of grace. "

Free safety Chris Maragos said, "He's the Alpha, He's the Omega. He's the beginning and end of everything.

"To understand where we've reached, which is in the world's view quote-unquote 'the pinnacle,' you really see how empty that is. Having Jesus in my life, you really see how important that is because you see that He is everything.

To take Jesus, who is perfect, and to be so humble as to come to earth as a mere man and to live the life that He lived despite knowing my sin, to go on the cross and to die for my sin and our sin and everyone's sin – to me, that's everything. That's joy, that's peace, that's love to think that He and His perfection would do that despite knowing really the depths of who I am."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/seattle-seahawks-russell-wilson-players-agree-with-assistant-coach-jesus-is-better-than-super-bowl-112892/

Now may I ask do others have any picks for tomorrow? Who will be watching this game or at least hoping who will win or lose?

Hal

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 05:09:30 pm »
Fat why do you say that you're not picking any teams just because these 2 states have the marijuana law? If I am assuming correctly that is a judgmental call against Football players who have no power to legislate these states to be for or against this law.. We must put the blame where the blame is due. That is the state legislative branches that allowed this law to become a law.

Abraham pleaded to God before God sent the angels to Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham said to the Lord if you should find at least 100 people who are not of this sin will you spare these places? Abraham kept asking God to look after those not responsible in this place. . Obviously Lot and his family were the only ones who wanted to do moral and upright way of living.. No individual should be blamed for what others are doing.

The NFL football does advertise some of those beer companies many of us like myself do not like. . but every program on TV has sponsors some we like and some we don’t.

So personally let's not accuse the NFL for Drugs promotions since each player is not allowed to use steroids. They would not be allowed to be drinking during or near practice time. . I have a former Pastor from a Calvary church. Pastor Rogers a former Football coach who once used his Football analogy how Christians should participate in this life. . Basically it was about those on the side lines can not make any points. We need to be in the game to make a real difference. There are too many people making calls and not doing much on their own part.

I did not want to have to write up a Bible sermon just to ask what others who they wanted to win or lose in the Superbowl. . The Disciples did fishing together. What's wrong with having a sport in common? God wants us to be real. If we follow sports of any kind we confess what we do. Should I say I was not following these things.? God understands we have daily activities and interests along with our hard working Bible study efforts.

I am going for the Seattle Seahawks. Since last years I was hoping they were going to make it to the Super Bowl. The 49ers had wiped out their dream last year. Because the 49ers advanced in the first spot.. The Seahawks just were not ready. I also chose the Bengals as an AFC rival this year. Well I was wrong about that one..

Pretty much because the Seahawks have only been to one bowl and lost I am hoping for them. But did you know there are Christians on Seattle that proclaim the word of the Lord?

Here let me share with you this. See now that football does not need to take away any of our Faith in God.

Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson, Players Agree With Assistant Coach: 'Jesus Is Better Than Super Bowl'

Jesus Christ is better than anything, including the Super Bowl, said an assistant coach for the Seattle Seahawks during a recent videotaped interview with Mars Hill Church Pastor Mark Driscoll, as four of the team's players, including quarterback sensation Russell Wilson, appeared to nod in agreement.

"Literally, Jesus is the greatest treasure in the universe," said Rocky Seto, who is on the Seahawks coaching staff. "It just makes sense. It's not like you give up your life and then you get something worse. He gave us everything. We had nothing, He gave us everything, so literally it's just one plus one equals two, it's that simple. Jesus is better than anything… even better than the Super Bowl, better than an NFL career, any of that."

In a video (see below) released Friday on the Resurgence website, a resource network for Christian leaders, Driscoll said that the Seahawks, who will be playing the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday for a chance to be in the Super Bowl, are the "greatest team on earth."

Seto, as well as three of the players, gave their answers to Driscoll's question, "Who is Jesus?"

"Who knows what's going to happen, but if we were ever to win the Super Bowl… [we will] tell everyone that Jesus is still better," said Seto, while the other players appeared to nod in agreement. "Because as much as we worship this thing called 'the ring' in a championship, although we would like to have one for sure, I just can't wait to tell people, if that happens, God willing, we'll be able to tell people Jesus is way better still because you are going to wake up the next day, [and] things are going to be the same if you don't have Jesus.

"If you have Jesus it's still going to be awesome, win or lose," the Seahawks' defensive passing game coordinator said.

"Jesus is love," starting quarterback Russell Wilson explained. "At the end of the day, we are all looking for someone to comfort us, somebody to be there for us at all times. When we are at the worst times of our lives, when we are battling with something, or struggles, whatever it may be, when we are at our highest point as well, when things are going really well, we want somebody to comfort us and be there for us and to say, 'Well done.' That's Jesus. Jesus has always been there. He'll never leave you, never forsake you."

Offensive tackle Russell Okung began his answer to Driscoll's question by saying, "Jesus is everything."

Okung continued, "And the great thing about Jesus is He'll meet you right where you're at. It's free. You don't have to earn it. You don't have to work for it. He gives it because he loves us and He is full of grace. "

Free safety Chris Maragos said, "He's the Alpha, He's the Omega. He's the beginning and end of everything.

"To understand where we've reached, which is in the world's view quote-unquote 'the pinnacle,' you really see how empty that is. Having Jesus in my life, you really see how important that is because you see that He is everything.

To take Jesus, who is perfect, and to be so humble as to come to earth as a mere man and to live the life that He lived despite knowing my sin, to go on the cross and to die for my sin and our sin and everyone's sin – to me, that's everything. That's joy, that's peace, that's love to think that He and His perfection would do that despite knowing really the depths of who I am."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/seattle-seahawks-russell-wilson-players-agree-with-assistant-coach-jesus-is-better-than-super-bowl-112892/

Now may I ask do others have any picks for tomorrow? Who will be watching this game or at least hoping who will win or lose?

Sunday is my day of worship.
How many people will not go to their place of worship tomorrow because they deliberately set it to conflict?
I hope your team wins OC12, I'll see some of the highlights on the news.

Fat

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 05:41:14 pm »

So now I am required to choose a team to support or I am judgmental against Christian football players?
How much money do these teams bring in to their state and local governments? 
If plan parenthood had a team playing in the Superbowl would you run to buy a ticket?

I don't support either one of these teams. And I believe that political correctness is a cancer in both the society and the Church.