Author Topic: Eph 2:18-20  (Read 854 times)

clark thompson

Eph 2:18-20
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:42:14 pm »
Ephesians 2:18-20

King James Version (KJV)

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Ephesians 2:18-20
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God’s household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 The Spirit we have excess thru is the Holy Spirit which all believers receive upon receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior. The Spirit guides us on a personally level, the areas the word does not cover, such as what way does the Lord want me to serve to bring glory to Him, the word covers that we should serve Him but also states everyone is not called to do the same thing this is why we need the Spirit so we know what to do at these time. We can not gain access to God without the Spirit gained thru Jesus. Many people think there are many ways to God but there is only one Way.

19 We are saints along with those who have passed. We are made into the family of God thru Christ and we have His Spirit.

20 Jesus is the rock the church is built on, He should also be the corner stone to our faith. The prophets spoke of Christ before He came. The Apostle spoke of Christ after He left. What we know about Jesus and His word was written by the apostles and prophets by the Spirit leading them and giving them the words to pen, the same Spirit will lead us as believers if we follow.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

Bob

Re: Eph 2:18-20
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:56:02 pm »
The church is held together by Christ.

But I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock, one shepherd.

This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day.

as the Father knows Me, and I know the Father. I lay down My life for the sheep.

clark thompson

Re: Eph 2:18-20
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 03:32:03 pm »
The church is held together by Christ.

But I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock, one shepherd.

This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day.

as the Father knows Me, and I know the Father. I lay down My life for the sheep.

I agree and would add the without Christ it is not the church.