Author Topic: Eph 2:21-22  (Read 592 times)

clark thompson

Eph 2:21-22
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:59:54 am »

Ephesians 2:21-22

King James Version (KJV)

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Ephesians 2:21-22
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
21 The whole building, being put together by Him, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord. 22 You also are being built together for God’s dwelling in the Spirit.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 We as the church are designed to serve Him. We are held together by our faith in Him and come together to serve Him. Jesus brings each of us to faith and develops us into the people He wants us to be.

22 We hold the Spirit of God in us as believers. We should will in a way that brings honor to the Spirit that lives within us.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: Eph 2:21-22
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »
Dwelling is a permanent home.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own ?

2 Corinthians 6:16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols ? For we are the temple of the living God ; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

1 peter 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.