Author Topic: Eph 3:1-4  (Read 825 times)

clark thompson

Eph 3:1-4
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »
Ephesians 3:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

3 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:1-4

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Paul’s Ministry to the Gentiles

3 For this reason, I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— 2 you have heard, haven’t you, about the administration of God’s grace that He gave to me for you? 3 The mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have briefly written above. 4 By reading this you are able to understand my insight about the mystery of the Messiah.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Paul was sent by the Lord to bring the gospel to the Gentiles and not the Jews; Paul had many dislike him because of this but, it was what God wanted of him and Christianity grew because of him following His plan. We have a purpose and we do not know how much impact it may have but we need to follow Him and trust this purpose for us.

2 Most of the world at this time, first heard the gospel from Paul. Paul preached the grace because it was something unknown and then after they came to faith he taught of how they needed to live.

3 Paul is referring to his conversion which was a testimony that was shared by him many times. Paul’s full conversion is found in Acts. Paul was chosen by God and would be the one God used to develop Christianity from a small sect into a large faith.

4 Paul what so people could know what saw and read the wisdom that was given to him from the Lord. We as believers are to share what we see in a scripture to grow together in faith and learn from one another. Paul’s words were Spirit breathed which is why they are in scripture but not everything he said was put into scripture. Paul had experiences that he shared; we are to do this bringing praise to God.

Better to be a servant of the King than to be a king in hell.

timf

Re: Eph 3:1-4
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:48:43 am »
Romans 11:11  I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Romans 11:25  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I see the ministry of Paul as being called to dispense grace to the gentiles. I see his understanding of this as two fold. First to provoke Israel to jealousy so that they would turn and receive Jesus as King and his Kingdom. The second purpose is for gentiles to become joint heirs with Israel.

I see Paul as filled with expectation and hope that the fulfillment of this would be within his lifetime.

Moss

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:18:01 am »
Paul again lays out the mystery of his ministry to the Gentiles which is contestant with the promises to Abraham.

Genesis 12:3  I will bless those who bless you, I will curse those who treat you with contempt, and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »
until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Sounds like was referring the rapture.